PDA

View Full Version : What is it like to run a TGP?

sexycity
11-03-2002, 07:25 PM
What is it like running a TGP? Is it hard work?

m@rk
11-03-2002, 09:15 PM
If you are ready to offer some money to get whats needed, like good fast hosting, Germes TGP script, UCJ - TM3 trade script, feed your TGP the first 3 months with bought traffic, then it can be a breeze, if not it is hard work, it can take anywhere up to a year just to get 10k visitors a day and you don't start making money until you have that, preferably more. At the moment there has been so many newbies coming along thinking they would get rich quick that it is often better to check out the boards to see if there is any TGP's for sale, as they soon find out it's NOT that easy, I picked one up the other day for $200 it's got about 8k traffic and a nice design, put the right traffic trade script on a site like that and your soon up to 40k a day no problem.
All the best
m@rk

cool1
11-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Like m@rk said if you are using scripts it is not to hard.

If not using scripts it can get reall hard, doing it all by hand.
I run Winds Links and don't use scripts and it can be a pain to update.

Of course doing by hand does means less traffic.

sexycity
11-04-2002, 03:55 PM
Is it hard to get people to submit to your TGP if it isn't well known? That's the scary part to me..

LoGiCs_oF_NaThOkA
11-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Well I'm a newbie too, but I think in the beginning you should use your own galleries. If your niche isnt a very common one, try branding your pictures. That may get you some hits out of nowhere. They wont be too much, but when they'll go to the sites you trade with, you'll get more hits back, so the overall effect will be significant. You can keep posting the same galleries over & over if you're short of them, but eventually when your site is more popular, you can start getting galleries. Also, rather than waiting for webmasters to submit, you can go and approach some of them. Nobody minds getting a gallery submitted to yet another tgp. Do that until you can send them good traffic. Once they know you sent a lot of hits, they'd want to come and submit themselves.

I work mainly in the Indian Niche, and am working on my first TGP right now. I have made my own galleries to start with. Each of the galleries has my logo too...I just thought that'd create what they call ''brand recognition''. People will know this site gives free pics so they may want to come back.

An interested thing I am trying is, since I cant afford a traffic managment script, I'm using the a javascript that will send a hit to a random url out of an array. I can put my galleries/links in that array. I dont think someone has tried this before. Its cant do the work of a traffic managment script, but it can make updating much much easier. You just put the new links and the new galleries in the array! I havent finished my site yet so I have no idea how this will work. Will someone comment on this if they can help me?

Darin
11-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Hey Sexy,

Give my tgp generator a try, it might be what you need to get your feet wet and start learning the ropes.

http://tgp.premiumbabes.com

:D

Danny_C
11-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Well, I have your traffic trade script. :) See my signature.

sexycity
11-05-2002, 12:35 AM
Thanks for all your help guys, I appreciate it alot. :)