PDA

View Full Version : wires, cables, routers, arg!

Evil Chris
03-31-2004, 02:53 PM
You ever do this?

I notice my internet connection is lost, and because I have been having problems with my router lately I immediately assume that's the problem and after unplugging and plugging in a bunch of things on my knees under the desk after a half hour I realize my cable modem just needs a re-boot.

Chr1isme
03-31-2004, 02:58 PM
It's usually the most simplest things that seem to tie up time. I hate when stupid shit happends like that. Last week I was trying to listen to a webcast I wasnt getting any sound & I was like wtf then realized that my speakers werent pluged in to my computer... I felt pretty dumb lol :bonk:

Evil Chris
03-31-2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah exactly Chris... it's always the small stuff that messes with us the most, eh? :bonk:

blazi
03-31-2004, 03:18 PM
I just finished resolving my router issues... I was only able to view URL's in my fav's for some reason. The router works fine but my settings got tweaked somehow. I was upset for a couple days but everything is back to normal now. The manufacturer of my router has great tech support thank God!!!

sweet7
03-31-2004, 03:20 PM
That sucks but making the same mistake more than once sucks even more. :bonk:

Mefo
03-31-2004, 05:23 PM
that's always the first thing I do :bonk:

but those cables etc, god I hate that it's a mess :rolleyes:

Shann
03-31-2004, 07:02 PM
My router just went spazzy the other day. Haven't had it looked at yet, god knows I can't fix it! Dy is coming over to fix it, soon I hope...

wsjb78
04-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Router, cablemodem and switch are all connected on the same extension lead... so when something's not working I just cut power there and plug it in again and then see how it goes :)

creamycherries
04-01-2004, 06:45 AM
haha, that sucks Chris! I've had similar problems lately with our connection here!

monaro
04-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
You ever do this?

I notice my internet connection is lost, and because I have been having problems with my router lately I immediately assume that's the problem and after unplugging and plugging in a bunch of things on my knees under the desk after a half hour I realize my cable modem just needs a re-boot.

Not me Chris, I tend to take the more relaxed approach, I first try hitting the top of my pc with a plastic hockey stick and then phone tech support to as what am I doing wrong.. Then when all else fails I reformat the beast.

creamycherries
04-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by monaro
Not me Chris, I tend to take the more relaxed approach, I first try hitting the top of my pc with a plastic hockey stick and then phone tech support to as what am I doing wrong.. Then when all else fails I reformat the beast. LOL, well damn, next time I have issues, I'll have to hit the top of mine with one of the swords lying around here!

monaro
04-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by creamycherries
LOL, well damn, next time I have issues, I'll have to hit the top of mine with one of the swords lying around here!

what might be a more relaxed approach for some, might not mean it is a more relaxed approach for others =))

creamycherries
04-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by monaro
what might be a more relaxed approach for some, might not mean it is a more relaxed approach for others =)) LOL, i'll keep that in mind :) LOL

dyonisus
04-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Shann
My router just went spazzy the other day. Haven't had it looked at yet, god knows I can't fix it! Dy is coming over to fix it, soon I hope...

Yeah Yeah I will be there, when i get over this bug, probbly tomorrow or Sunday!

I just finished setting up my wireless router, what a mess, I had internet I did not have internet, the wireless was not working, so did the same unhooked everything, re did everything the same way and it works like a charm now!

We also just picked up a new laptop.. sweet deal, not the one we went to purchase Toshiba, but rather a sweet little HP Pavillion loaded. We are stoked today I tell yah!