PDA

View Full Version : Quebec's reputation precedes it, I only wish it was an April Fool's joke.

sweet7
04-01-2004, 04:32 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/mondayreport/contest_pothole_winner.html

http://www.cbc.ca/mondayreport/images/mar22/pothole_winner2.jpg

Across this country, Canadians have one thing in common.
Our roads are falling apart. And that’s why we held this contest.

We received a lot of entries in our search for Canada's Best Pothole. In fact, we saw a lot of pictures of cars in holes. Apparently we all have a new thing to worry about: in Canada you could be driving along and the ground could suddenly open up and swallow you whole for no reason...

But our winning entry isn't so flashy. It comes from Stephen Goodman of Kanata, Ontario. His pothole doesn't look like much...but look what it did to the brand-new custom rims on his Lexus.

The following is what Steve sent to us:

This pothole is special because of the following true facts:
I bought these very cool custom wheels for my Lexus on a Wednesday.
On Thursday I told my wife that I was happy we do not live on the Quebec side because of their potholes.
On Friday I drove to the Quebec side to visit a friend, and met up with the pothole in the picture.
My new wheels lasted 2 days.
As you can see the pothole was designed by an expert crew of road workers, with a gentle slope inwards followed by a deep chasm and a sharp lip.

Congratulations Stephen. Your entry has done something rare and special: it made us feel sorry for a guy in a Lexus.

sweet7
04-02-2004, 11:08 AM
does no one care about the craters on Quebec roads?

ladies and gentlemen I implore you!

Evil Chris
04-02-2004, 11:21 AM
It's nuts, I know. And this is the worst time of year for it too.
All the snow melts to show what the snowplows have done to the roads over the winter.

It's hell on most cars. Thankfully we have an SUV which can take most of the potholes that get in the way.

maverick
04-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Has that sonofabitch Jean Chretien stolen your asphalt as well? LOL No wait, dat battard toook myn in da Amilton too. Sacre bleu!

dyonisus
04-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by maverick
Has that sonofabitch Jean Chretien stolen your asphalt as well? LOL No wait, dat battard toook myn in da Amilton too. Sacre bleu!

:rofl:
That cracks me up....

The potholes here are pretty bad as well
but it seems to only preceed the hell of the spring summer road work to come!

sweet7
04-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by dyonisus
:rofl:
That cracks me up....

The potholes here are pretty bad as well
but it seems to only preceed the hell of the spring summer road work to come!

indeed

creamycherries
04-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Potholes suck! I remember when I lived in Illinois, we had lots!