PDA

View Full Version : Board questions....

Funbrunette
11-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Ok, got a few questions for you guys... :)

1. What makes you join a board?

2. Why do you stick around a certain board instead of another?

3. Do the prizes/shirts and people make a difference?

4. What's the ONE thing that would make you "ban" a board?

The reason I'm asking is there seems to be so many new boards...I think it's great...I myself consider myself a bit of a board whore...lol I've met some amazing people on some of these boards!

:D

StuartD
11-05-2002, 02:04 PM
I join boards that I think are fun.... with not too much bickering.
hense... I tend to lurk a bit at first... see what the atmosphere is like first.

I post on boards that are nothing but fun, boards that are nothing but business. One big one that seems to be nothing but gossip (at least these days).

Also, some I find have lots of company owners and sales people, some have stay at home people doing their own thing to make some $$... avs sites, tgps and the likes.

They're all so different...

For me, I try to get on one of each. One fun one, one serious... and I like to talk to the people who work for themselves as much as the people who have team of 20 or so.

There are a ton of boards though... so I try to find the best one for each category that I think suits me the best, and I stick around there.

But hey... that's just me :bonk:

GOD
11-05-2002, 02:52 PM
It's all about the TITS and FISH HOOKS !!

so start posting ladies ...

:D :cool: :D

CumSensei
11-05-2002, 03:01 PM
The people have to be nice..
Thats about it...

Ohh and shirts!! Lots of shirts!!

Funbrunette
11-05-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by GOD
It's all about the TITS and FISH HOOKS !!

so start posting ladies ...

:D :cool: :D

Hehehe! You may be disapointed here! :D

baddog
11-05-2002, 03:10 PM
1. who referred me to the board, and the ongoing discussions when I first browse it.

2. the people, the attitudes and the discussions after I join.

3. prizes/shirts - no // the people - definitely

4. asshole mods

Magnus3x
11-05-2002, 03:19 PM
I hit some boards to actually learn something or see what's going in the Biz. I hit a couple of "fun" boards where there are great people but it's all fluff topics and points of view.

I wont go to boards that have daily pissing and flame matches. The merch does'nt mean that much to me as you can tell by the amount of posts I usually have. It floors me that people work in this biz full time so they say.. and can have 800 posts in 2 weeks..LOL

luke
11-05-2002, 03:22 PM
I never really posted on boards too much until we launched SitePass. Then Stan turned me on to this board and said that Evil Chris had just launched it, and I've been here ever since. I think its just because its a fun board to hang out on.

sherie
11-05-2002, 03:31 PM
I join them cause I am stalking StuartD and baddog!:D

Seriously, I get different things out of all of the ones that I join. Granted the people make me coming back for more.

Prizes shmizes, I never win anything and always forget to try and win LOL

I am here cause of the shirt LOL j/k

I am here cause Chris loves SpongeBob;)

Funbrunette
11-05-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by sherie

I am here cause Chris loves SpongeBob;)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :laughout: :laughout: :laughout:

Evil Chris
11-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Don't you mean "cheese" Bob? :p

twinkley
11-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey FunB!

1) the people on the board. If there is a lot of pissing, or "apparent" hatred/clickiness on a board, I wont go there. The people have to be friendly, and open.

2) see #1

3) nope, they are just a bonus. If I dont like a board, im not gonna post for a tshirt, a hat or money

4) bad attitudes - i hate depressing, mean people

twinkley

twinkley
11-05-2002, 03:47 PM
SpongeBob is NOT cheese!!!

Cracker Barrel is cheese, spongebob is sponge!

twinkley

Cyndalie
11-05-2002, 03:59 PM
The people, the general attitude, the activity levels and the topics

The people, the general attitude, the activity levels and the topics

Yeap, makes it more fun and keep me coming back

General Unfriendliness, worthless pissing matches, "blasting without thinking", degradation/hate posts.

StuartD
11-05-2002, 04:08 PM
I join them cause I am stalking StuartD and baddog!:D

Dammit... just cause I leave monogramed rose petals with your name on them every where I go... doesn't mean I want you to follow me :nyanya:

CumSensei
11-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Can I hear a SHIRTS!!
:bonk:

Itīs also important to get fast replies!
When you ask something.

sherie
11-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by twinkley
SpongeBob is NOT cheese!!!

Cracker Barrel is cheese, spongebob is sponge!

twinkley AMEN! Now will you answer my email? LOL

Stuart what was I suppose to do?:bonk:

StuartD
11-05-2002, 11:21 PM
Stuart what was I suppose to do?:bonk:

:boobies:

Tobbe
11-06-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette

The reason I'm asking is there seems to be so many new boards...I think it's great...I myself consider myself a bit of a board whore...lol I've met some amazing people on some of these boards!

1. If it is nice people there. if the site looks good in many ways :)

2. its different because on a few boards you can ask about that thing and on another board you can ask about something else. for example 1 board nows everything about the sponsor i wanted to join.

3. its always fun to get things.

4. Downtime. Bad people, Unprofesional , And much more...
im a little tired now so you will understand maybe half of everything i said now! Goodnight everyone!

And Many Kisses From Sweden!

Tobbe
11-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CumSensei
Can I hear a SHIRTS!!

Itīs also important to get fast replies!
When you ask something.

AGREE

mailman
11-06-2002, 04:29 PM
Hot girls :D

Prizes and Hot Girls :D

Yes, so do Hot Girls :D

No Hot Girls :D

LadySharlot
11-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Good question. :D

I visit many boards, and cosider myself somewhat of a Board Whore also...when I have time. (I get too anxious if I leave them for long though. LOL) However, I definitely have the boards that I like and don't.

For me, the biggest factor is the people. I just can't stand to be on a board where everyone claims they're 6'7" tall and bulletproof. Nope--I want honesty and realism. I want to know who YOU are, not what personna that you wish to create. I know that that GFY board has some good stuff on it from time to time, but I just can't wade through all of that crap trying to find the diamonds. :D

Promotions are good for gaining people, and since I don't have my t-shirt yet, I SHOULD state that they're excellent promo tools. However, it's been my experience that if people like the boards, they'll stay. (Please don't dis-continue the t-shirts before I get my jersey though!! :D ) HOWEVER, they ARE great for general advertisements. :) I'll wear my X-biz t-shirt to a show sometimes, and branding is ALWAYS good. :)

There are a few reasons why I don't visit a few boards more often though. Some of them are because I don't like the attitudes. Again, I prefer honest people, not trash talking and "hey--Fuck you"s. And, as much as I hate to say it, I typically avoid boards that are Too busy. Because there ARE a lot of boards out there, I try to visit as many as I can. If it's too busy that I can't keep up by visiting once a day, I typically don't go there as much as I wish to.

BUT--that's just my overworked and underpaid position! LOL

Huggs!!!
Lady Sharlot :-)

JTW
11-07-2002, 01:25 AM
Let me say that I come back to this board because it has a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere.

On some of those boards, any time you post you are setting yourself up to be ripped.

Some of them are so cliquish that you feel as if they just don't want "outsiders".

The thing I find most bothersome is a board where when a male has a disagreement with a female, even an innocuous one, and then all the knights in shining armor come to her rescue and slam the guy whether he is in the wrong or not.

I suppose there is a place for all those types of boards and they are popular, but it is nice to have a place to post and get a break from them.

Shirts are great, but it is annoying when people post arbitrary nonsense just to increase their number of posts.

Tafkap
11-07-2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Funbrunette

1. Cause someone recommended me to post on it or cause i know who runs that board (which is ur case buddies)

2. Open-minded ppl, mixed cultures, no spammers, nice attitude... and nice girls!!!:bonk: Lots of nice girls here btw...:blush:

3. PPL DO make a difference... prizes, well i'm cool with that too!

4. Dunno yet....::-|

poppy
11-07-2002, 11:54 AM
Hello Funbrunette and hello Xnations.

1. I joined Xnations because I know EvilChris. He is a well-respected person in the industry and a nice guy.

2. I feel comfortable on this board because the vibe is easy going.

3. Prizes do not make a difference.

4. Bad vibe and too much pissing.

Later skaters...

LaurieX
11-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Uuuummmm Ditto :bonk:

StuartD
11-08-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by JTW

Shirts are great, but it is annoying when people post arbitrary nonsense just to increase their number of posts.

You're just saying that because you can't do as much with cheese whiz as I can!

Do I get a shirt now? :bonk:

princess
11-08-2002, 02:33 AM
Are you kidding? I'm just here cause Evil Chris is just too sexy *giggle*

I like boards that are fun, friendly.. and where you don't have to walk on egg shells. I think I try to look for places that work well with my personality. Although I've been around the block a time or two and visit a huge list of them from time to time. Never know what you might pick up on.

The prizes don't factor into why I'd visit a place. I can honestly say I've not gotten one TShirt or anything for that matter from posting on boards.

twinkley
11-08-2002, 09:52 AM
I'm here because Evil Chris lets me SPAM Pillow Talk for free here hehehehe

Oh yeah,

And, cause if I miss morethan a day, he starts harrassing me on ICQ to come post!!

heheheehehhe

Just Kidding, I Love This Board!!

twinkley

LadySharlot
11-08-2002, 03:35 PM
OMG--If Princess hesn't gotten a t-shrit from a board, then we REALLY outta smack Helmy in the back of the head!!! Hahahhahaha

Yeah--I came here from the beginning 'cause EvilChris asked (then bugged) me to. Hahaha--I stay 'cause I like it, and because all the guys here are Hotties!! LOL

Huggs!
Lady Sharlot :-)

Evil Chris
11-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Lady Sharlot!! Where have you been? I think you need a spanking... esp since you just hit 69 posts! LOL

twinkley
11-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Lady Sharlot,

Did you get to hear Darin on the air today??

Wheeeeeeeeeew! What a voice!

Radio does have its privledges!!

Ahhhh I love my life!

twinkley