PDA

View Full Version : Where is XNations hosted??

StuartD
11-06-2002, 12:44 AM
I posted a message, at what my clock says is 8:25pm... Nov 5th.

And then it says the last post was made, by me... at 4:25am on Nov 6th.

Now, I know Vancouver is a little behind Montreal as far as time zones... but really... we're not that far back there :D

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
11-06-2002, 01:41 AM
That is Afganistan central time

dirt cheap hosting :cool:

Evil Chris
11-06-2002, 10:31 AM
the board is hosted in New York... and I just checked the time of my last post and it's correct. Maybe the time on your own PC is out of whack? :confused:

StuartD
11-06-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
the board is hosted in New York... and I just checked the time of my last post and it's correct. Maybe the time on your own PC is out of whack? :confused:

Nope, the time on my pc is just fine... either that, or I really was up until 5am last night and didn't know it....

I'm just buggin ya... seems the clocks on your board say they're all GMT... which is like, England or something... and 8 hours ahead of where I am.

Just seems like my posts go drifting off into the future... maybe this board really is in the future... can you give me some stock tips 8 or 7 hours before the stock market opens? :D

Evil Chris
11-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Good morning Stuart...
Hey do this... go into your USER_CP and check what time settings you have... If you didn't specify your time zone, the time the board will show you will be messed up.

luke
11-06-2002, 11:25 AM
Thanks Chris, I needed to do that to. Mine was showing London time too.

Hit me on icq when you get a chance.

Vid Vicious
11-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Testing ..

It is 11:26am In Montreal Quebec

<<<<<<

sherie
11-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Vid Vicious
Testing ..

It is 11:26am In Montreal Quebec

<<<<<< Nope now it's 11:42 :)

Darin
11-06-2002, 11:52 AM
What, is this board made in London or something?!?!

Stuart, you probably WERE up at 5am, that shouldnt be a shock .. hehe..

Evil Chris
11-06-2002, 12:29 PM
A few months ago... being new to setting up and running a board, I didn't think to set the board itself to the right time, so loobaker did... but he set it to central European time...

Darin, I think that all boards and user profiles are set to GMT by default.

Darin
11-06-2002, 12:39 PM
A few months ago... being new to setting up and running a board, I didn't think to set the board itself to the right time, so loobaker did... but he set it to central European time...

Darin, I think that all boards and user profiles are set to GMT by default.

Yes, it seems they are. I remember always having to pull that down and change it to PST when I register.

Looks like Bartman there just screwed the pooch is all :) hehe

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
11-06-2002, 01:20 PM
Fukkin Newbies !! :rolleyes: :mad::badcomp:

StuartD
11-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Oh, ok... got it now. Strange though, I don't recall doing that on other boards.... it just always figured it out or something.
Maybe I did do that on other boards and was just drunk at the time. Who knows.

Anyway, thanx EC... it says the right time now. Damn, I liked the whole "message board in the future" idea better :bonk:

bagel
11-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by -=HUNGRYMAN=-
That is Afganistan central time

dirt cheap hosting :cool:

Thanks Hungry, you sure know how to make me feel like a cheap slut. :blush:

Evil Chris
11-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by StuartD
Oh, ok... got it now. Strange though, I don't recall doing that on other boards.... it just always figured it out or something.
Maybe I did do that on other boards and was just drunk at the time. Who knows.

Anyway, thanx EC... it says the right time now. Damn, I liked the whole "message board in the future" idea better :bonk:

Hey Stuart, here's an idea... set your board time to central European time, go check the European soccer scores and come back and post them here. We'll all make a killing from online betting!

StuartD
11-06-2002, 03:32 PM

Hey Stuart, here's an idea... set your board time to central European time, go check the European soccer scores and come back and post them here. We'll all make a killing from online betting!

Yeah, chances are that I'd do that when the score is 149 - 0 and come back and no one would believe me :bonk:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/sports/4435904.htm