PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Quality To Xnations!

monaro
04-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Reading Panky's reply to Quality v Quantity

For a week now a note pad to the right of my keyboard has been used only to write notes and make key factors on the word quality and how this meaning can take place with Xnations.

If I may, share with you some concerns.
We all network and relax here from time to time, and the place we mostly do this is "General Webmaster Business and Discussions"

Create folders to deliver What we need and When we need them.
Eg;

- First Contact. (List of only Content, Design, Traffic, Sponsors & Hosting
Not a place to spam, a place where the information is already right
infront of us, even if it means a paid for link on this part of xnations)

- Company Interviews (SinEmpire hit the nail on the head with this one)

- Brainstorming. (where problems can be solved)

- Traffic Talk (A place to learn who to buy from, a place where the
quality of the traffic is rated from a webmaster point of view)

Like Panky replied "There is others who implement the suggestions I made. It's nothing new, but it is new for us"

It will take more than one voice to bring a higher level of Quality here to Xnations.

So please share your concern and interests that Chris has opened the can a week ago!

sweet7
04-09-2004, 09:27 AM
I think the category idea is a good one. So I concur.

Brad Mitchell
04-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Humm... my advice is to try and deliver all this in one forum, but that's just my 2 cents :)

It's exponentially harder to succeed if you spread all this stuff out.

Brad

sweet7
04-09-2004, 12:01 PM
depending on how many categories topics will be divided into that's true.

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
04-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by SinEmpire

It's exponentially harder to succeed if you spread all this stuff out.

Brad

Brad's got a point here ...

Most people in checking out a new board, will only go to the category that has the highest post count. They know that is the one that gets read.

Even myself ... I visit maybe 30 forums in the course of a week. ... I don't have the time, nor the patience, to scan 3-7 different categories for topics of interest to me.

One forum, with clearly stated rules of conduct, that are fair to advertisers and non advertisers ...

monaro
04-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by -=HUNGRYMAN=-
Brad's got a point here ...

Most people in checking out a new board, will only go to the category that has the highest post count. They know that is the one that gets read.

Even myself ... I visit maybe 30 forums in the course of a week. ... I don't have the time, nor the patience, to scan 3-7 different categories for topics of interest to me.

One forum, with clearly stated rules of conduct, that are fair to advertisers and non advertisers ...

How about adding it to http://www.xnations.com/ressources.htm ?

Or at least could someone share with me your best traffic company,
Beleive me I have tried many.