PDA

View Full Version : ---- WORD for APRIL 10th ----

MSX
04-10-2004, 10:10 AM
CELIBATE: Abstaining from sexual relations

With people's openess with sexuality nowadays, do you think it is harder to practice celibacy?

Personally, I think it's much easier to take the emotional feelings away from relationship rather than sexual acts. Hence, people cheat! they already know how to detach emotions from physical.

Evil Chris
04-10-2004, 06:17 PM
I've been celibate for a couple days now. I'm not sure how long I can hold on though! :laughout:

MSX
04-10-2004, 06:56 PM
LMAO.. I guess that's long enough !! :D

Originally posted by Evil Chris
I've been celibate for a couple days now. I'm not sure how long I can hold on though! :laughout:

Evil Chris
04-10-2004, 08:25 PM
I think so too! ;)

MSX, are you going to keep us up on our vocabulary?

Izzy
04-12-2004, 03:21 AM
uuuhhhh hold on, I don't know if celibate/celibacy has more than one meaning, but I guess it does. I thought celibate meant to vow to stay unmarried, i guess it can mean that too.

OK to answer you question, in my own opinion I think that ppl nowadays do have a harder time practicing celibacy. I mean look at the ages too, you got 13 yr olds that are getting pregnant. So ya know not only are ppl more open with sexuality but they are even more open with it at very young ages, and when ya start at a young age like that you are goin to have an even harder time practicing celibacy becuz your young and stupid and prolly don't even know what celibacy means yet. Wee need to buy these kids vibrators and all that good shit, then they will live by my motto..... Who needs boys when ya got toys!! lol yea pathetic I know lol but hey it works for me! For those who are older and have a hard time practicing celibacy, well I do not know what to tell ya kiddos except to be careful and don't get yourselves in a bind.

MSX
04-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Agreed!

I studied Philosophy of Love and Sex, and evidently love and sex had altered in ways that people are now more open to engage in sexual acts with another where emotional feelings may not be present. Historically, you wouldn’t find men and women having as many sexual partners as you would see men and women nowadays have. I’ve met people that have had numerous partners and can honestly tell me that they have loved only one. I find that adultery in today society is more prominent than it was in the past due to lack of sexual satisfaction with one partner. These people find the joy in the act alone and are capable of leaving their emotions at home. Hence, I said it is a lot easier to not develop emotional feelings for someone and yet still strive to have sex, in which was once proclaimed as “making love”, [though to some, still is “making love”] Undoubtedly, to some [certainly I can’t speak for all] celibacy is hard to obtain. [This is only one side of the argument, however, and I'm sure there are some out there that can practice celibacy no problem]

Originally posted by Izzy
uuuhhhh hold on, I don't know if celibate/celibacy has more than one meaning, but I guess it does. I thought celibate meant to vow to stay unmarried, i guess it can mean that too.

OK to answer you question, in my own opinion I think that ppl nowadays do have a harder time practicing celibacy. I mean look at the ages too, you got 13 yr olds that are getting pregnant. So ya know not only are ppl more open with sexuality but they are even more open with it at very young ages, and when ya start at a young age like that you are goin to have an even harder time practicing celibacy becuz your young and stupid and prolly don't even know what celibacy means yet. Wee need to buy these kids vibrators and all that good shit, then they will live by my motto..... Who needs boys when ya got toys!! lol yea pathetic I know lol but hey it works for me! For those who are older and have a hard time practicing celibacy, well I do not know what to tell ya kiddos except to be careful and don't get yourselves in a bind.

Funbrunette
04-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

Seems it may be much longer than that! ::-|