PDA

View Full Version : When you don't know...

poppy
11-07-2002, 08:43 PM
someone at an affiliate program or site and you are trying to pitch them your product or service for the first time, what email strategy do you use so that you don't come across as SPAMMY?

When I am prospecting and I find someone who's a good fit for what I have, my initial email is to make it as personal as possible. Like...hey there, a friend referred me to your site etc...I may comment on his or her site as well and then go into why I am contacting them. I also try to make it as short and sweet, but to the point as possible.

What are your strategies???

mailman
11-07-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by poppy
someone at an affiliate program or site and you are trying to pitch them your product or service for the first time, what email strategy do you use so that you don't come across as SPAMMY?

When I am prospecting and I find someone who's a good fit for what I have, my initial email is to make it as personal as possible. Like...hey there, a friend referred me to your site etc...I may comment on his or her site as well and then go into why I am contacting them. I also try to make it as short and sweet, but to the point as possible.

What are your strategies???

I just giver er, kinda like that move FUBAR "JUST GIVER" and most ppl say now but others say yeah but it does ot help me either when im selling celebrity ideas... ;)

baddog
11-08-2002, 10:22 AM
I used to meet people at parties and conventions, then follow up with a personal e-mail, but have to say my success rate was not too good. Now I pretty much wait until they spam me, then offer them a better alternative. Between that method and people just coming to me because they have read something somewhere about what we can do for them that pretty much covers it.

I have gotten tired of chasing people down that keep saying, next week, next week.

Evil Chris
11-08-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by baddog
I have gotten tired of chasing people down that keep saying, next week, next week.
I'd agree with that. After a couple of time I will let the person alone, and hopefully they will come back on their own sometime.

I don't approach anyone blindly. But like poppy said, I'd be as personable as possible and entirely genuine. No BS from me... :)
I make offers only to those whom I am positive will get something out of what I'm proposing.
Good topic...

poppy
11-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Thank you for your input on this topic people.

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
11-08-2002, 01:33 PM
I usually Paypal $5.00 to Platinum Albert, and he contacts everybody on his ICQ list for me ....

:D :rolleyes: :cool:

Evil Chris
11-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by -=HUNGRYMAN=-
I usually Paypal $5.00 to Platinum Albert, and he contacts everybody on his ICQ list for me ....

:D :rolleyes: :cool:
pffff... my ICQ list is waaaaay longer than his!! ;)

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
11-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

pffff... my ICQ list is waaaaay longer than his!! ;)

I'm guessing I got both of you beat Chris ...

672 ... read em and weap !!

I was referring to Albert's marketing techniques ... I guess it went over your head :rolleyes:

Evil Chris
11-08-2002, 02:10 PM
I guess the "mine's waaaay longer than his" went over *your* head! LOL

Hey that's a lot of contacts... I'll pay you $10 per spam! Deal?

luke
11-08-2002, 02:35 PM
Selling webmaster icq lists, that a new one...lol.

poppy
11-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Damn Hungryman! That is a HUGE list amigo.

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
11-08-2002, 05:50 PM
Damn Hungryman! That is a HUGE list amigo.

I know it too bro .... I have to toggle thru the first letters of peoples names just to find anybody :(

I need to thin it out I think .. but 90% of the contacts I use ::-|

Aly
11-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by baddog

I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you in a while! LOL

:bonk:

poppy
11-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Well, hello Aly! Even though you didn't provide any of your sage advice, I still feel priveleged that you replied to my thread...hehehe

Aly
11-09-2002, 07:36 PM
Well, hello Aly! Even though you didn't provide any of your sage advice, I still feel priveleged that you replied to my thread...hehehe

Ha! Ooops! Sorry, I got side-tracked, Poppy!

Combine good old fashioned honesty and integrity with a healthy dose of warmth and respect. Be straightforward, be upfront. Know your product, and thoroughly know theirs if you really want to convince them of the benefits you have to offer.

Oh, and don't try and sell people crap. Reputation is everything.

Of course, I know this isn't news to you, Poppy... :cool:

baddog
11-10-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Aly-Python

I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you in a while! LOL

:bonk:

well, I told you I was going to see you in Vegas, I hope you did not think I was going to forget to discuss past discussions :D