PDA

View Full Version : Mouse recommendations?

LaughingEyes
05-19-2004, 12:15 PM
TGIW!
My mouse has been on the fritz for days now. I seem to go through alot of them. I use a Logitech Marble Mouse and replace at least once a year. What kind of mouse do you use or recommend?

Other than that it's a beautiful day. The stats are up. The sponsors are rocking. Lots of news and announcements and humor for tech support. Now I think I'll go outside and enjoy this sunshine :)
Have a great day everyone!

Evil Chris
05-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi LE!
I use a very simple Logitech optical mouse. $20 or something. I don't need any crazy gadgets for my mouse.

blazi
05-19-2004, 03:57 PM
this one is designed for notebooks, but I bought it for my pc... really liked the look and size

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=4986

Feynman
05-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Ligitech optical is the way to go. two buttons, and one wheel/button

Dirt cheap, and it delivers.

You can't use optical mouses on a glass surface, though. It has to be opaque.

What I dream of is http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/6x8.cfm

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
05-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Both Panky and I have Logitech Cordless Duo MX keyboard and mouse (MX700) and neither of us would trade them for all the tea in China !!

I saw cordless as an unnecessary evil for many years, but finally got talked into it by a friend just before Xmas ..

Well for Xmas we got each other the Logitech Cordless Duo MX, and would you believe both mine and her keyboards are on the original set of batteries, and still showing full charge, and the mouse recharges itself in the base when not in use, and one charge will last me 2 days easily if I use it for 10+ hours a day and forget to put it back on the charger base. (the base doubles as receiver for both the keyboard and the mouse)

Alone, the MX700 mouse has been called the best mouse to hit the market by several computing magazines and epinions.com, but be nice to yourself, and for an extra $15-20 get the keyboard Duo :D

Oh .... did I also mention how sexy they are ???

Visualad
05-19-2004, 09:09 PM
I got this nice logitech, blue and silver design. optical.

Bought 6 of them 2 years ago, just cause they were so perfect, still on my first one...

Works so nice.

:)

Gruntled
05-20-2004, 11:09 AM
I generally use single-scroll optical mice, and almost always ps/2. USB's are great, but they can flake on your when you're in the middle of something. I think they're all pretty much the cheap Logitech mice, some old Microsoft models, and a couple of AOpens. They're all about the same really. the ones that aren't optical need to be cleaned here and there, but I generally don't have to replace them.

McAttack
05-20-2004, 11:19 AM
I prefer the Logitech optical, simple 2 buttons + scroll. The size fits my hand perfectly. I hate the Microsoft ones, they're too big and hurt my wrist when doing extended periods of graphic work.

Seems like a lot of Logitech fans here. Although I did buy a cheapo optical mouse, some no name brand for my 2nd PC and it's pretty good too except that I find the clicking noise fairly loud.

kaustic
05-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah.... I use an older version than this one pictured... but I love it, and the new ones are even better. the drivers are always really good too, and they have a bunch of features.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/images/products/A0320820.jpg

Heres a link to purchase it if ya need it: (No im not makin anything off this link ;-) ) http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A0320820&cs=19&c=us&l=en

Raziel
05-21-2004, 09:11 AM
yeah logitech is a really good mouse but a also use the optical microsoft mouse

LaughingEyes
05-22-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm going to have to check out this optical mouse. That seems to be the favorite. In the meantime Snikks fixed mine with a little super glue. Just built up the worn down portion of the left click button and it works like new :)

Gruntled
05-22-2004, 09:00 PM
If you do a good bit of graphics work (and dont have a tablet), you have to choose the optical mouse wisely.