PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Newbie Question

TeamCali
05-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Ok first of all I know that this may be stupid question but here goes.

Is it feasable to use to make tgp galleries in php and not html. I have not seen it done so one has to assumer Ass-U-Me that it is a no no.

BUT WHY. If I could it would solve many of our problems like tracking counting etc.

Thanks

gel
05-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TeamCali
Ok first of all I know that this may be stupid question but here goes.

Is it feasable to use to make tgp galleries in php and not html. I have not seen it done so one has to assumer Ass-U-Me that it is a no no.

BUT WHY. If I could it would solve many of our problems like tracking counting etc.

Thanks

No don't use php in your galleries.

Most TGP scripts are set up to only accept html pages. The idea is that allowing submitters to use page page allows for more cheating.

What issues that can't be addressed with html pages? Stats scripts can accurately can accurately track traffic. There are scripts available to track clicks that can be used in html pages.

I guess in my mind why use php pages for gallery submissions?

TeamCali
05-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by gel
No don't use php in your galleries.

Most TGP scripts are set up to only accept html pages. The idea is that allowing submitters to use page page allows for more cheating.

What issues that can't be addressed with html pages? Stats scripts can accurately can accurately track traffic. There are scripts available to track clicks that can be used in html pages.

I guess in my mind why use php pages for gallery submissions?

Thanks Gel. Nice to see you here as well. I am a great fan of yours. I would like to chat sometime about Galleries. If you get the chance give me an ICQ.

PS Raven says hi.

nanda
05-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Gel narrowed it down perfectly! Basically php allows for more cheating. :eek:

sweet7
05-24-2004, 01:00 PM
You can have php in html pages if you set it up on your server that way. Ask your admin. Alot of hosted galleries are like this to allow for the affiliate codes to be displayed in the links. Enjoy.

gel
05-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks Gel. Nice to see you here as well. I am a great fan of yours. I would like to chat sometime about Galleries. If you get the chance give me an ICQ.

PS Raven says hi.

I have a fan??? Wow that's plus for the ego. :)

Yeah we should talk on ICQ. I'm going to be prety busy for the next week and a half. Heading out of town.
After that I should be available.

TeamCali
05-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by gel
I have a fan??? Wow that's plus for the ego. :)

Yeah we should talk on ICQ. I'm going to be prety busy for the next week and a half. Heading out of town.
After that I should be available.

Yes you have fans. Many Many Many :D If you get the chance give me a buzz in the tomorrow. Would like to show you something before you go away.

Thanks

gel
05-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Yes you have fans. Many Many Many :D If you get the chance give me a buzz in the tomorrow. Would like to show you something before you go away.

Thanks

Uh oh now your giving me a big head. LOL

Sure I try to get in touch with you tomorrow.

Funbrunette
05-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Someone wise once told me "they're no such thing as a stupid question...Only stupid answers"! ;)