PDA

View Full Version : Tennis anyone?

Evil Chris
05-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I recently got a call from Tennis Canada offering me tickets for the ladies final here in Montreal in August. This year it's the ladies, last year was the mens, and FB and I went to a couple of matches last year.

This year we're going to opt out though. I'm just finding that ladies tennis isn't as interesting as it was say 10 years ago.

All my favourite players are now retired too. Becker, McEnroe, Stich, Graff, and I think Hingis is even retired now too.

Visualad
05-24-2004, 01:52 PM
I was a huge fan of tennis when I was younger.

You had these great personalities in the top players, and each player has his top "foe". was great to watch. Exciting.

Lendl, becker, Edberg, and many more..

Then it just happened many retired, and nowadays, I dont have a clue on whos who, except those twinds.. and I guess thats why I dont think its as fun as before, anymore.

monaro
05-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I recently got a call from Tennis Canada offering me tickets for the ladies final here in Montreal in August. This year it's the ladies, last year was the mens, and FB and I went to a couple of matches last year.

This year we're going to opt out though. I'm just finding that ladies tennis isn't as interesting as it was say 10 years ago.

All my favourite players are now retired too. Becker, McEnroe, Stich, Graff, and I think Hingis is even retired now too.

Skirts are shorter tho Chris =)

sweet7
05-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by monaro
Skirts are shorter tho Chris =)

the man has a point ! :D

monaro
05-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by sweet7
the man has a point ! :D

Thank you, if i had tickets like those I would be going and I don't even loke tennis =)

sweet7
05-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Thank you, if i had tickets like those I would be going and I don't even loke tennis =)

LOL!

Evil Chris
05-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Skirts are shorter tho Chris =) hahaha... been surfing too many sports celeb sites Monaro! :p

monaro
05-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
hahaha... been surfing too many sports celeb sites Monaro! :p

Hey my mother was a tennis star here in australia =)
When I was about 6 or 7 years old.

Vic Martin
05-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Tennis was fun to watch when Ivanisevic was good.

blazi
05-27-2004, 05:22 PM
haven't watched/played tennis for several years, since I was in high school.