PDA

View Full Version : Help Please with htaccess

TeamCali
05-28-2004, 02:31 PM
I do not know if you all would be willing to help me with this but we have zues server that I can not seem to get htaccess to manage directory browsing

I have tried Options -Index and this prevents the browsing but it also effects the execution of perl and php.

I have tried IndexIngnore * and this has no effect what so ever.

All advise will be appreciated

Thanks

monaro
05-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by TeamCali
I do not know if you all would be willing to help me with this but we have zues server that I can not seem to get htaccess to manage directory browsing

I have tried Options -Index and this prevents the browsing but it also effects the execution of perl and php.

I have tried IndexIngnore * and this has no effect what so ever.

All advise will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi, did you contact your customer support as some .htaccess people can tell you might gen a 500 server error

TeamCali
05-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by monaro
Hi, did you contact your customer support as some .htaccess people can tell you might gen a 500 server error

Yes They are looking into it but the head programer is off today or something like that

These htaccess files are all in the local site roots

monaro
05-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by TeamCali
Yes They are looking into it but the head programer is off today or something like that

These htaccess files are all in the local site roots

are you setting up something like this

AuthUserFile /home/sites/site4/web/private/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Enter Password"
AuthType Basic

require user guest

?????????????

TeamCali
05-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by monaro
are you setting up something like this

AuthUserFile /home/sites/site4/web/private/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Enter Password"
AuthType Basic

require user guest

?????????????

No just a very simple file

Options -Index
ErrorDocument 403 http://XXXXXx
ErrorDocument 404 http://CCCCc

Gruntled
05-28-2004, 09:37 PM
TeamCali,

Zeus allows for some of the same server directives as apache, but not all of them, which is probably why it's not working for you, since either of your methods would have worked on an apache server.

According to the user documentation for Zeus version 5, there is an option in the admin area to allow and disallow directory browsing, so you will likely need to have a sysadmin at your host switch it for you, unless they have provided an interface for you to manage Zeus on that server.

In the documentation, it's referred to as "the directory listing section" in the admin screen.

I hope this helps.

TeamCali
05-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Gruntled
TeamCali,

Zeus allows for some of the same server directives as apache, but not all of them, which is probably why it's not working for you, since either of your methods would have worked on an apache server.

According to the user documentation for Zeus version 5, there is an option in the admin area to allow and disallow directory browsing, so you will likely need to have a sysadmin at your host switch it for you, unless they have provided an interface for you to manage Zeus on that server.

In the documentation, it's referred to as "the directory listing section" in the admin screen.

I hope this helps.

I have read the documentation from Zeus and it says to use IngoreIndex But that has not effect. Options -Index works great but prevent perl or php from accessing the directories. This I do not undersand.