PDA

View Full Version : Paid gallery listings?

Evil Chris
06-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Let me get some feedback here on what you think are the best places to pay to have your gallery listed.

I've personally only done this once (it's not my main line of work), so I figure I'm not really qualified to answer this question myself. At triplexcash, webmasters often pay to have our galleries listed but I don't usually get feedback on where, or how happy they were with the listings.

Comments?

jjjj
06-01-2004, 12:49 PM
If the gallery is good GTS tgps send out good traffic and signups

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
06-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Yeah Mark From CyberCat or DrinkingHard From GTS seem like pretty safe bets .... Talk to Nick Bauuw @ Lumberjack Links too !!

Tell Nick I sent ya!:cool:

monaro
06-02-2004, 04:57 AM
In private Chris i can share with you my 2003 info..

I am holding back to purchase spots from gallery traffic service until I am with my own box again. This is the only reason!

Last year I lost more than 4k to traffic and didnt break even, I lost my box due to going over the top with what I should have spent and where I spent it.

I can say this out in public that Thumbzilla'a traffic is by far the top converter in which you will always get your money back. It is the 3 other places that I spent more money on eg, pay per click
that didnt return what I figured.

Chokers traffic from 2002 was really sweet. Many topbucks sales generated from it.

But I will not release my stats in public.

Have a great day!

Evil Chris
06-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the info monaro...
If you want to PM me with some inside info that would be cool. :cool:

Panky
06-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I agree with Dr. Monaro that Thumbzilla is worth buying a spot or 2 from.

There is more to it than just buying a gallery spot. Just because one site sends a lot of traffic, doesn't necessarily mean that you will make sales to cover costs and profit from.

Is the gallery built to sell?

Quality of images and movies?

Targeted niche? Don't buy a spot on a teen oriented site if you are promoting MILF.

Make sure you've got a gallery and a sponsor that is already proven to convert before you buy any spots anywhere.

Check your stats and see where your traffic is coming from.

What day(s) of the week seem to be better sales days for you? Once you know that, buy spots for those days.

How long is the waiting list and is that an issue with you?

Here's a few sites to add to the TGP list.

Shemp

Hardcore Junky

Snakes World

Another option for people to consider too, as much as it rubs me the wrong way in certain aspects, is purchasing accounts. Basically, the submitter pays a fee for an (x) amount of time, sometimes for a network of sites and other times for a single site, for the priviledge to submit daily to a site or a network of sites.

Magnus3x
06-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Just because one site sends a lot of traffic, doesn't necessarily mean that you will make sales to cover costs and profit from.Is the gallery built to sell?

Quality of images and movies?

Targeted niche? Don't buy a spot on a teen oriented site if you are promoting MILF.

Make sure you've got a gallery and a sponsor that is already proven to convert before you buy any spots anywhere.

Check your stats and see where your traffic is coming from.

What day(s) of the week seem to be better sales days for you? Once you know that, buy spots for those days.

How long is the waiting list and is that an issue with you?

That is excellent info Panky. There are so many variables to consider, the gallery, the content, the sponsor, the tour and the info mentioned above.
If you think galleries/selling is just a numbers game and no selling, technique and skill is involved..well I have Ocean front property in Saskatchewan for sale!! Our renewals are much higher than our new client base. Some of our sold out packages have 3 month waiting lists.

We have spots that start as low as $100.00 for 30 day listings great for someone who would like to test waters with a lower investment.