PDA

View Full Version : Verotel. Are they exempt from Visa Policy?

Bobby Vicious
11-13-2002, 02:34 PM
Hi has anybody seen the verotel homepage lately. They're saying they are the solution to foreign webmasters visa dilema. Is it so or is it just a cheap marketing ploy.:bonk:

Evil Chris
11-13-2002, 03:11 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure how "exempt" anyone can be from the new Visa (and Mastercard, I might add) regulations for online processing.
Can anyone help out here?

Bobby Vicious
11-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Hi has anyone seen the Verotel homepage lately? They claim they're not affected by the new VISA rulings. It reads" In the last couple of days we contacted all the VISA and Master Card regulators in these countries to see if Verotel was threatened by this IPSP policy. Fortunately this is not the case." But wait there's more "Because Verotel provides its processing services for content subscriptions only, and not for product sales, (physical goods) Verotel is classified as a "Ticket Master" the same way a company can be classified by selling tickets for concerts or shows online."

Is this for real or just pure marketing bull? If this is ligit then an IBC and an account with Verotel will solve many problems.

twinkley
11-13-2002, 04:02 PM
They are currently because they are not banking through the US.

Visa has made it pretty clear though that it is only a matter of time before this goes international

twinkley

Bobby Vicious
11-13-2002, 04:30 PM
Thank you Princess!

The Dark Side clouds everything impossible to see, but this I am sure of do their duty the Jedi will ....;)

gunner
11-13-2002, 05:03 PM
not sure about Verotel Bobby.
I know Glo-bill will accept VISA - US transactions. They also happen
to be VERY easy to deal with and it's easy set-up, integrating with
either current .htaccess or their site protection.

Glo-Bill won't charge $750 for VISA !! (http://www.globill-systems.com/cgi-bin/webms/referral.cgi?parent=5417s)

twinkley
11-14-2002, 09:17 AM
First I would like to say that I am not slamming any processor here. I am just trying to understand logic....

I understand why Glo-Bill and Verotel and the other non-US processors are making a hard push for people to switch to them because they don't have to pay the fees. Thats smart business.

I dont understand why anyone would switch billing processors simply because of this new charge. If this was something that would perm. save you from paying these fees, then I guess I would. But I was under the impression (i could be wrong) that within the next year or so these changes will prolly be made through VISA International too.

I guess if you are just getting started, or not making much it would buy you some time.... but other than that, does anyone see a good reason to switch processors to avoid the visa regs?

twinkley