PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Political Climate:VOTE!!!

Magnus3x
06-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Well just 2 weeks away and we have to exercise our civic duty/right to elect/re-elect a Primeminister. I have great fears and strong opinions on this upcoming election but I am sick of talking about them.

What I do want to say is VOTE, pick the lesser of the evils or the one closer to your views and VOTE. Don't let these things ride cuz if the person you hate get's elected you wont have a leg to stand on when complaining about it. People all over the world wish they could vote but will never have the opportunity to let thier vote count.

This message was brought to you by Nabob coffee, good to the last drop!

TheLegacy
06-17-2004, 09:59 AM
behind the scenes are the oil companies and opec who basically run the show - even if we do have the oil to look after ourselves we cant do it

secondly - when a new government gets elected does that mean that all those government positions and companies that run our lives get fired? No, nothing really changes when the front face plate gets altered.

thirdly - I am voting for a party that has the least amount of higher class monies being paid out in consideration for future favors.

I am a monarchist at heart - but to not vote means that I have no right to bitch at whatever the next party that gets in does - so going for the green party because in the end - no one has really paid them off for future considerations.

Evil Chris
06-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Of course I'll be voting. However, I don't see this as a major election really. I have yet to decide on how I feel about Paul Martin. I much preferred Chretien.

McAttack
06-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Of course I'll be voting. However, I don't see this as a major election really. I have yet to decide on how I feel about Paul Martin. I much preferred Chretien.

He had the balls to stand against everybody, I liked him too.

What this country needs is another Trudeau.

Evil Chris
06-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by McAttack
He had the balls to stand against everybody, I liked him too.

What this country needs is another Trudeau. You SAID it!!

Magnus3x
06-18-2004, 11:12 AM
What this country needs is another Trudeau.

I fully agree.. he was the rock star of polititions, I hope one of his boys get's into it.

I met Sasha way back in Lake Louise, all the money in the world and he had hitch hiked to Alberta from Montreal on his way to Alaska!

McAttack
06-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Magnus3x
I fully agree.. he was the rock star of polititions, I hope one of his boys get's into it.

I met Sasha way back in Lake Louise, all the money in the world and he had hitch hiked to Alberta from Montreal on his way to Alaska!

Ya, there's a lot of pressure on his sons to go into politics but they'r enot interested right now. I respect that. They want to make their own lives.