PDA

View Full Version : HELP - mY PArrot will not shut up

SoBeGirl Video
06-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Like a true pirate I have a parrot now. She is great. Sort of like a dog with feathers but she does not stop making noice. What can I do??

Evil Chris
06-26-2004, 09:01 AM
There's nothing you can do!

It's a parrot!

Congratulations... post some pics of you and the bird! Put on an eyepatch! LOL

monaro
06-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by SoBeGirl Video
Like a true pirate I have a parrot now. She is great. Sort of like a dog with feathers but she does not stop making noice. What can I do??

What have you been teaching it to say?

SoBeGirl Video
06-26-2004, 11:11 AM
that is funny there is nothing i can do it is a parrot. Yea that is probabuy the trught.

it says hi baby, love baby, morning baby..

the birds name is baby..

i will post pics later. i have to eat now..

later webmasters!!!

Panky
06-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Awwwww cool! Please post some pics!

You could always put the cape over the cage like it's nap time. :D

Seriously though, maybe after she gets comfotable in her new home and with her new family, she will calm down a bit. It's always an adjustment for both you and Baby, so it could be just her anxiety. On the other hand, she could be like most females and just talk alot. :p

Try whistling to her or playing instrumental music and see if she doesn't start to pick up some tunes.

Maybe she is like a child that has just learned to say a few words? Her talking could be something brand new for her, so she just speaks because she now can and it's cool.

I have no idea how to train a bird when to speak and when not to speak, but since she seems comfotable chatting away, I'd be teaching her a few things. Who knows. Maybe she will just begin to pick up on what you and your family say to each other? Just remember, you now have a little recording device, ready for playback anytime, that is disguised as a parrot.

sexy_anne
06-26-2004, 11:58 AM
waiting to get a glimpse of baby....:bonk:

Feynman
06-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Panky
Awwwww coolIt's always an adjustment for both you and Baby, so it could be just her anxiety. On the other hand, she could be like most females and just talk alot.

Anxiety?

Has Paxil, Zoloft or clonazepam been texted on parrots ? :D

Another solution: earplugs

tuca
06-26-2004, 01:30 PM
that is funny there is nothing i can do it is a parrot. Yea that is probabuy the trught.

it says hi baby, love baby, morning baby..

the birds name is baby..

It's annoying cause you always say the same things (or previous owner) to your Parrot I guess, like "Hi Baby, Love Baby, Morning Baby" and that's what he/she learned. Just teach him/her other things... ;)

Gruntled
06-26-2004, 11:58 PM
So, what are you going to teach Baby to say?

"Clicky. Clicky!"
"Baby wanna conversion!"
"Look at the hottie!"

:bonk:

suesheboy
06-27-2004, 06:05 PM
My birds have their own room and when they wont shot up thats where they get sent.

Sucks at 6:30 in the morning when they start to scream to the birds outside.

Evil Chris
06-27-2004, 08:36 PM
suesheboy, we used to have a little finch. I loved the sounds it made. The bird died unfortunately. But every so often we'll watch an old home movie and we'll hear it in the background. Kinda makes me want to get another one.

Gruntled
06-28-2004, 05:13 AM
I'm the same way with budgies. We had a pair, one golden, one sky blue.

I have some audio clips of my wife back then, and the birds were chipping and singing in the background.

TheLegacy
06-28-2004, 09:35 AM
I have a moluccan cockatoo - little over a year old - my fiancee and I spent 6 months learning as to whether we would make good parents since they live over 80 years old and are just like children.

I cant believe that you didnt do any homework in getting a parrot. Even more, that a store employee didnt realize that you are buying it probably to pick up guys than to be a responsible owner of a parrot.

So what kind of parrot did you get?? macaws, conures, lovebirds, amazons, African grey, Ringnecked, caiques, cockatoos, eclectus, lories, parakeets?? What ever it is - better take it back to the store and get your money back, at least for the sake of the bird

http://www.merriewood.com/moluccan.jpg

SoBeGirl Video
06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
This is the new SoBeBrid.

Isn't she cute. She is so jelous of the sobecat and mattdog.

I never knew a bird could be jelous of another animal but it is fact.

Please welcome the sobebird abord..... AYE Maites... SQuak Squak..

When I teach her to say Xnations rules... I will post it...

Right now I cant get her past Hi baby...

the owner of the store told me that if i want i can bring baby back but I love her now and she is staying with me. I had no idea she will be with me 80 years though.. that is amazing bird fact. Thanks.. :-)

http://www.SOBEGIRL.COM/Graphics/me/sobebird.jpg

gnat69
06-28-2004, 04:06 PM
This is the new SoBeBrid.

Isn't she cute. She is so jelous of the sobecat and mattdog.

I never knew a bird could be jelous of another animal but it is fact.

Please welcome the sobebird abord..... AYE Maites... SQuak Squak..

When I teach her to say Xnations rules... I will post it...

Right now I cant get her past Hi baby...

the owner of the store told me that if i want i can bring baby back but I love her now and she is staying with me. I had no idea she will be with me 80 years though.. that is amazing bird fact. Thanks.. :-)

http://www.SOBEGIRL.COM/Graphics/me/sobebird.jpg

Pretty bird from the tattooed slut gurl.....do you remember me?

SoBeGirl Video
06-29-2004, 02:33 AM
well if you could be more descriptive than "slut girl" maybe I would.

monaro
06-29-2004, 05:43 AM
SoBeGirl have you thought about buying your pet a toy?

I found a toy works even on pets!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2195/toy.jpg

TheLegacy
06-29-2004, 01:43 PM
okay.. so you have an umbrella cockatoo (same as Fred in Baretta) - please.. read and learn all you can or the bird will suffer

suesheboy
06-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by TheLegacy
okay.. so you have an umbrella cockatoo (same as Fred in Baretta) - please.. read and learn all you can or the bird will suffer

Good point and birds are nto for everyone.

That bird will need tons of attention to be happy.

SoBeGirl Video
06-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by monaro
SoBeGirl have you thought about buying your pet a toy?

I found a toy works even on pets!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2195/toy.jpg

Which one is the toy???

The bird is very happy I would like to inform you. She is a happy bird happy bird :-)

She does need a lot of attention. If she is not able to see me she gets upset and squaks. I think she loves me now.. oohhhaaahhh