PDA

View Full Version : dEvilBlog is done testing..

l3vi
07-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I have finished testing dEvilBlog v1.0 everyone that was mailing me about getting a Free copy can go to my blog and pick it up.

http://www.devilblog.com

Thanks for all the support!
Levi

monaro
07-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by l3vi
I have finished testing dEvilBlog v1.0 everyone that was mailing me about getting a Free copy can go to my blog and pick it up.

Thanks for all the support!
Levi

Thanks, when I get home today I take a look. But dont have a use for it other than to review and have a play with it for a bit.

sweet7
07-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Nice ! I just downloaded it, I'm gonna set it up very soon and give you some feedback.

l3vi
07-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Yes feedback is great! Let me know about things you would like to see in later versions as well as bugs that like to popup now and then.

Stuff that will be coming in later versions:

SEO MOD to allow you to make each page look like a deferent page to search engions.. No more strings after index.shtml.

A reply post for your surfers to comment on your post.

Im also working on JunkMonkey v2.3. It’s a email manager that will plug into your sites and let you manage all your email collection systems from one location, that as well will be able to plug into DV.

Gruntled
07-06-2004, 11:27 PM
cool deal, L3vi. I'll be sure to send some suggestions when I get it on the test track and wind it out some. :xhappy:

monaro
07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Just looking over the php and yes your program looks solid.
Im very impressed thank you for the download.

l3vi
07-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Thank you monaro,

That means a lot to me.

Enjoy it, make money with it, pass the word on! :D

sweet7
07-08-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm doing a test run on my PC with apache installed and I'm receiving an error with line 11 "session_start();" in the index.php file within the blogpanel directory. The DB is setup and has the two DV tables with the admi/admin settings in the dv_settings dir. Any idea what the problem may be?

I'm not sure what this function call does, but I do notice that it's being called before it is defined so I'm assuming it's a default PHP function. Is it a problem with my PHP install? I've developped quite a bit of PHP on this machine without any problems.

Dunno what it could be so I'll stop typing now.

l3vi
07-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by sweet7
I'm doing a test run on my PC with apache installed and I'm receiving an error with line 11 "session_start();" in the index.php file within the blogpanel directory. The DB is setup and has the two DV tables with the admi/admin settings in the dv_settings dir. Any idea what the problem may be?

I'm not sure what this function call does, but I do notice that it's being called before it is defined so I'm assuming it's a default PHP function. Is it a problem with my PHP install? I've developped quite a bit of PHP on this machine without any problems.

hmmm.. What version of PHP are you running?

cheeky
07-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi l3vi,

I'd be very interested in taking a look if I may :)

Is there somewhere I can look and see one in operation :)

I'll throw your link up on my link lists as well if that is ok :)

l3vi
07-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeky
Hi l3vi,

I'd be very interested in taking a look if I may :)

Is there somewhere I can look and see one in operation :)

I'll throw your link up on my link lists as well if that is ok :)

Thanks for the link,

I have blogs running on it at the following sites

http://www.boogybonbon.com

l3vi
07-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by sweet7

The best I can guess at this moment without knowing what version your on. It needs PHP4 (Sorry guys I looked over that when I wrote the min install req), if thats not the problem you could open the /blogpanel/index.php and move the copyright notice under the session_start()

After that I have no clue and would have to look into it.

BTW what version are you trying to install?
If its v1.0 please go get v1.3

sweet7
07-08-2004, 09:29 PM
I've installed 1.3 on a site and still no success on my pc. I'm getting errors displaying the blog entries.

Your readme.txt explains how to use your blog with an SHTML solution but no other options. I'm trying to implement a PHP solution with php includes versus shtml. Also the dvog-post.php assumes that the user is using a file called index.shtml (for the links to "archives").

here's how I'm testing

< HTML>
< HEAD>
< TITLE> - < ? php include("dvog-post.php?title=YES&$QUERY_STRING") ? ></ TITLE >
</ HEAD>

< BODY marginheight='0' marginwidth='0' topmargin='10' leftmargin='10'>

< ? php include("dvog-post.php?$QUERY_STRING") ? >

</ BODY >
</ HTML >

what is supposed to be in the $QUERY_STRING variable?

l3vi
07-08-2004, 09:54 PM
It should be this for PHP:

< ? php include('dvog-post.php?title=YES') ? >

< ? php include('./dvog-post.php') ? >

You can hit me up on ICQ if you want Im on it.

Did you get the session_start() worked out?

sweet7
07-08-2004, 10:04 PM
No I haven't looked into the session problem.

Also I understand that you want reciprocation for your efforts and I completely agree with this, however I'm wondering if you would consider smaller banners or perhaps. If you have a TGP/MGP I'd rather link to that or one of your other sponsors that are relative to the page that the DevilBlog user is using your software on. Let me know what you think.

I noticed that you cannot add more than one blog per day, is this a blogging standard or something you decided on?

l3vi
07-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Im using PHPAdNews so I can make the banners smaller, it also picks up keywords from what I have been told. With most blogs they are around 200 words or more, I figged it
it would be so far down that no one would ever get to look at it.

You can make as many post as you would like a day, there is no limit. :)

sweet7
07-08-2004, 10:27 PM
I just got this error, i think it's 'cause i commented the session thing on for my pc install and then uploaded it. Is that possible?

Checking...
Error:
I TOLD YOU NOT TO EDIT ANY FILES; YOUR SITE HAS BEEN REPORTED TO ME FOR BRAKING COPYRIGHT LAWS!!!
IF YOU ARE HAVING INSTALL PROBLEMS CONTACT ME AT admin@devilblog.com

Copyright (c) 2004 Devil King AKA Levi Thornton (Devilblog.com). All Rights Reserved. This script is NOT open source. You are not allowed to modify this script in any way, shape or form. If you do not like this script, then DO NOT use it. You do not have the right to make any changes whatsoever. If you upload this script then you do so knowing that any changes to this script that you make are in violation of International copyright laws. We aggresively pursue ALL violaters. Just DO NOT CHANGE THE SCRIPT!

That's pretty cool btw, how do you detect that there have been changes?

l3vi
07-09-2004, 12:19 AM
session_start() creates a session or resumes the current one based on the current session id that's being passed via a request, such as GET, POST, or a cookie.

If you comment out or delete the session_start() you will not be able to login to your blog manager.

That's pretty cool btw, how do you detect that there have been changes?

:D That I can not tell for security resins!

If you did not do a clean install with v1.3(i.e. over-installed on 1.0-1.2) it will call that error. Clear your(delete all dEvilBLog files) files, the dv_blog & dv_settings tables from your database then do a clean install.

If sessins_start() keeps on complaining you have to low of a version of PHP(PHP4 or better required) or you have something setup wrong in your PHP install.

PS> If you get a session error please email it to me or post it here, then I can help more by knowing what the error is.

sweet7
07-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by l3vi

:D That I can not tell for security resins!

AWWW come on man! :D:bonk: