PDA

View Full Version : So WTF is going on with Visa?

Mister X
11-16-2002, 12:40 AM
Does anybody actually know what the hell is going on? A couple of Canadian sites I know of have their CC suspended as of now. Visa AND Mastercard. And a couple others are in the clear. I've heard at least one report that an Australian based site is having no trouble with processing even though they were told it would be cut off as of today. I've also had people tell me that affiliate programs run by the processors (iBill, PSW etc.) are not going to be able to pay any affiliates that aren't based in the USA. That has me worried cuz I have a couple of hundred bucks owed to me by Websitebilling and I am unable to get them to answer my emails. This whole stupid mess is giving me ulcers on my ulcers. If 3 people call one of the billing companies they get 3 different answers. It seems to be causing a certain amount of anti-American sentiment among people I know too. Maybe I'll take the weekend off and start worrying about whether or not I still have a job on Monday.

Mister X
11-16-2002, 12:54 AM
Just a small update. It seems that iBill is running at the moment on a couple of sites that weren't working before. Maybe things are glitching a bit with the changeovers going on. My ulcers are feeling a little better I guess. Now if I could only get Websitebilling to answer my damn emails I'd be happy. :bonk:

Mister X
11-17-2002, 01:00 AM
No replies so I guess most people aren't having problems. So far it seems that Canadians using iBill or PSW are in the clear. But at least one person I know has had their account at CCBill cancelled. I imagine all the bigger guys have a US cie already so have likely not had any problems. I just wish that it was possible to get a straight answer from the guys at iBill, etc. Or even to get the same answer from 2 different people, lol.

Evil Chris
11-17-2002, 07:42 PM
The Visa and Mastercard thing isn't affecting me personally because I don't use any 3rd party credit card processors. But for Triplexcash and Collegefuckfest, we're paying the fees like good boys and pressing on.

Mister X
11-18-2002, 12:13 AM
That seems to be the general consensus. Bite the bullet, get a US company and pay the blackmail. It seems likely that even if things are ok now it can change at any minute so it's probably better to be prepared. By the way, how's CFF doing? I have by no means been pushing it heavily and hadn't even checked my stats for 6 weeks. I had a pleasant surprise a few days ago when I found out I had 198 bucks on the books. Don't remember the exact conversion ratio but I think it was around 1:120 or so. That's on 100% tgp traffic so that's a lot better than it sounds. So I guess I'll be pushing it a little more. hehe.