PDA

View Full Version : YNOT RADIO and Hurricane Frances!

SEGuru
09-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Hi Folks,

The new YNOTRADIO offices are in a mandatory evacuation zone. Our office building is also killing our T1 and Phones as of 5pm tonight and will not come back up until all is safe.

So we ask your pardon on our station going dark, but we have no real choice in the matter.

So we are headed for shelter now and will try and give you guys an update as soon as possible.

Whisper a couple prayers folks! Looks like a bad one.

monaro
09-02-2004, 09:58 AM
If the hurricane is as bad as the one they showed us here on the news the other day, the one that took the lives of those neighbours then you better be safe. I pray for you and everyone affected by this storm. May our heavenly father watch over those in the path of that hurricane.

Hope everything comes back to normal. I don't sit in on the channel that offen tho I almost never miss the tuning in on the radio. Great show you guys have!

Take care

Mark

Azure Sales
09-02-2004, 11:49 AM
:boatswain I just wanted to drop a note and let you that we are closing the Azure Entertainment (http://www.AzureEntertainment.com) offices in preparation for Hurricane Frances today at 3pm.

Our offices are all of 550 feet from the water – kinda a mandatory evacuation zone, well evacuation if we don’t want to be underwater. And while most of us are scuba certified and have underwater equipment the models are a little sketchy about it. So we have suspended shooting till this passes and decided that we were taking our cameras and try and shoot some great hurricane footage… Look for us on the Weather Channel (http://www.weather.com) !! (Don’t try this at home- we are professionals)

We will be back in the office and business as normal (can I say that? Are we normal?) hopefully by Tuesday even if it requires us to use snorkels to make it happen.

Keep us in your thoughts and please be safe. Our thoughts are with our customers, vendors, talent and colleagues who are about to join us in this adventure called FRANCES (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W%2BGIF/011008W.gif)!!!

See you in a few days!!!

Torn Rose
09-02-2004, 10:09 PM
We are 35 miles North of the current target area. Funny thing is we JUST moved here 2 months ago....

ho hum....

Panky
09-02-2004, 11:49 PM
I wish everyone all the best. Be safe.

thruma
09-03-2004, 06:00 AM
All you guys in Florida stay safe.

Lets all hope it loses steam as it gets closer to land.

twinkley
09-03-2004, 11:02 AM
hey guys - just a heads up - because of the storm, and the radio offices being closed, there will be no Pillow Talk today - fear not tho, barring ANOTHER act of god, we should be back next week!

modF
09-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Good luck with the storm, I'm sitting here flipping channels as I know not what to do w/o PT. :)

monaro
09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by twinkley
hey guys - just a heads up - because of the storm, and the radio offices being closed, there will be no Pillow Talk today - fear not tho, barring ANOTHER act of god, we should be back next week!

How is everything twinkley, you might not notice i havnt been sitting in on the channel tho i still listen to your show =)

Is everything alright?