PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch "The Office"?

Evil Chris
09-20-2004, 01:25 PM
I think it's one of the best television comedies I have ever seen.
That's saying a lot since I am a huge fan of sitcoms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/

They were notably over-looked at the Emmy Awards last night. I have since found out that there was a 6 episode minimum to even be nominated. (ie. there had to have been 6 episodes broadcast in the USA to be eligible for nominations).

Strangely, The Office cleaned up at the Golden Globes in January this year and also won Emmy's last year.

It really is an excellent show. DVD copies of both season 1 and season 2 are available.

G.d
09-20-2004, 01:41 PM
In certain areas of dry wit, and other things, the Brits truly are the "best".

First we had the Python series of DVDs,
and now these.

The best dynamic is between the lead and his female supervisor, and then comes the secretary relationships. As has been said thousands of times before, it is so good because it is so REAL.

The fact the lead co-wrote everything as well makes him a genius in my bOOk.

Evil Chris
09-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Well since it doesn't air up here in the Great White North, I'll have to wait for season 3 to come out on DVD.

It's really a brilliant show. I could watch it and laugh over and over.

gnat69
09-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Mostly anything British is funny....LOL

Some Oldies but Goodies:

Rising Damp
On The Buses
Black Adder

thruma
09-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Well since it doesn't air up here in the Great White North, I'll have to wait for season 3 to come out on DVD.

It's really a brilliant show. I could watch it and laugh over and over.

Just curious Chris. What made you take notice of it in the first place so that you wanted to buy the DVDs?

Or did you see it in England first?

Steve_NCH
09-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Comedies like The Office make me proud to be a Brit! :D

AFAIK though there is no third series. A Xmas special aired on the BBC last year and finished it off. Following the example of Fawlty Towers, it's best to only make a few brilliant episodes than try and go on after it's run out of legs.

LAJ
09-21-2004, 04:15 PM
I love The Office... British comedies are the best!

sweet7
09-21-2004, 05:20 PM
EC what channel do you catch it on?