PDA

View Full Version : By any other name, would the board smell the same?

Torn Rose
09-23-2004, 03:31 PM
I tried to look this question up on the search feature, but when I put in "xnations" well.... every post came up.

Sorry if this has been already said, but what is the "story" behind the name "XNations"?

Just seems kinda "odd" to me that people in Montreal would have a pirate themed message board.

:D

Evil Chris
09-23-2004, 04:57 PM
I don't mind answering that question again. :)

XNations was conceived in the spring of 2002, and came to life on the net in late August of 2002. I just thought that the name xnations could be something that webmasters who work in "x" could gather to, no matter where they came from "nations".

As for the pirate or sea-going theme, well I originally wanted the X to be like on a treasure map where X marks the spot where the treasure is, and then my designer went a step further with the whole motif. But I think it's one of the best, if not the best designed adult boards out there. It makes this place unique, as do all the custom hacks.

That's the story! :D

Torn Rose
09-23-2004, 06:18 PM
I agree, I love the design and theme.

I know you use to work with WRP and I know Danny has a huge hard on for sailing in the Caribbean so I was wondering if that rubbed off on you in anyway.

I actually remember signing up here when you first opened. I don’t remember if I ever posted, and I also don’t remember what username I used. I kind of forgot about this place since then, but Dan_CamZ reminded me and here I am.

Thanks for sharing!

Vendzilla
09-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Cool when there's a good story behind the name!

Funbrunette
09-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Good question Torn Rose...A bit of Xnation 101 on this beautiful Friday morning! :sunshine:

FeTiShLaDy
09-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

XNations was conceived in the spring of 2002, and came to life on the net in late August of 2002. I just thought that the name xnations could be something that webmasters who work in "x" could gather to, no matter where they came from "nations".

As for the pirate or sea-going theme, well I originally wanted the X to be like on a treasure map where X marks the spot where the treasure is, and then my designer went a step further with the whole motif. But I think it's one of the best, if not the best designed adult boards out there. It makes this place unique, as do all the custom hacks.

That's the story! :D

hmmm...very nice! thanks for the info Chris..now i know the story.;)

nanda
09-24-2004, 07:22 PM
The design here is really nice! I llike the colors and everything!;)

thruma
09-25-2004, 04:17 AM
Nice story.

I really think this is the best designed board out there and the best theme too.

It's the first thing noticed about it when I came here

Cold_ice
09-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris

That's the story! :D Damn bro great story. XNations is one of the best boards thats for sure. Some very classy folks here. Keep of the good guys.