PDA

View Full Version : The Gay Face Of God

TheLegacy
10-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Archbishop Simpson is an openly gay Catholic Priest who rejects fundamentalist Christian arguments that homosexuality is inherently sinful. His life story, which can be read in his new book The Gay Face of God, is truly fascinating; his career path has lead him from the United States military to the police force, then to time as a federal agent.

After being rejected by the Roman Catholic Church on account of his sexual orientation, Archbishop Simpson found his final calling with the Old Catholic Church, where his primary ministry is Social Justice; Archbishop Simpson’s teachings denounce the use of God as “a political weapon,” and instead promote “the simple truth of love and inclusion.”

http://ynotnews.ynotmasters.com/issues/100704/page2.html

Evil Chris
10-08-2004, 11:12 AM
My guess is that he is a very eccentric man.

thruma
10-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Sounds like he's had quite a career.

I want to get over there and read that today.

thruma
10-09-2004, 03:34 PM
That was pretty interesting.

It's worth a read. Especially if you're interested in theology.

When he was talking about Jimmy Swaggart it reminded me of that movie Great Balls of Fire

Jimmy Swaggart was preaching about sin and how money shouldn't be your god etc and Jerry Lee drove up in a Cadillac and gave it to him and Jimmy says Praise god and Jerry Lee says "Don't thank god thank Jerry Lee"

lol

blazi
10-10-2004, 12:23 PM
to each his/her own, as long as gays don't bother me then I don't mind them or what they stand for, it's their preference.

G.d
10-12-2004, 01:05 AM
I was going to say this on Netpond, but missed the chance.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GAY OR STRAIGHT.

Our first few experieinces act as "hard conditioning", but one doesn't have to be chained to them for the rest of their lives.

StuartD
10-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by G.d
I was going to say this on Netpond, but missed the chance.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GAY OR STRAIGHT.

Our first few experieinces act as "hard conditioning", but one doesn't have to be chained to them for the rest of their lives.

You really shouldn't try to mask your opinion as fact. If you think that's how a person's sexual preference is determined, then great... you're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how wrong I think it is.

But trying to convince others as though you know the cold hard facts about it just makes you look rather close minded and very much misinformed.

no offense.

G.d
10-12-2004, 12:27 PM
you said: "it just makes you look rather close minded and very much misinformed."

First off let's be honest. this guy posted this message for a specific reason, he knows that, you know that, and it isn't about "GAY RIGHTS".

Can we be real? Our is that tough to do in Canada and on this board??

YOU are closed minded to think that I am trying to convince anyone of anything. HOW IN THE WORLD IS BI-SEXUALITY CLOSED MINDED AND MISINFORMED?

FACT:
Some the greatest figures in world history, pick any field, were bi-sexual, or had those tendencies but were too shunned and abused by their "lovers" to act on them. Most of the people you "buy" and "sell" here are that...

{TRIX ARE FOR KIDS}

StuartD
10-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by G.d
you said: "it just makes you look rather close minded and very much misinformed."

First off let's be honest. this guy posted this message for a specific reason, he knows that, you know that, and it isn't about "GAY RIGHTS".

Can we be real? Our is that tough to do in Canada and on this board??

YOU are closed minded to think that I am trying to convince anyone of anything. HOW IN THE WORLD IS BI-SEXUALITY CLOSE MINDED AND MISINFORMED?

FACT:
Some the greatest figures in world history, pick any field, were bisexual, or had those tendencies but were too shunned and abused by their "lovers" to act on them. Most of the people you "buy" and "sell" here are that...

{TRIX ARE FOR KIDS}

What in the world are you talking about now?

The fact of the matter is, you made out like being gay is a choice, that some kind of actions in their past is what influences their sexual preference.

Sure, a straight or a gay person could be bi-sexual... doesn't mean they have to be, or even could be. Some just can't... and has nothing to do with their past experiences.

And yes, it's tough for us to do in Canada. I guess we have a tough time with immediately attacking the entire mentality of a the collective consciousness of a country just because someone from that country has a differing opinion.

Why is it tough for us to do? Because we're not all childish.

You can be bi all you want, you can think what ever you want... it has no influence or effect and has absolutely no bearing on how someone else may be. Also, you don't know every single person's experiences in this world, and therefore are in no position to speak for them all as to what their sexual preference must be, or what their "choices" are.

Come back better educated... I'll talk to you then. Until then.... don't bother. Do what ever it is you do... but don't impose it on those of us who know better.

G.d
10-13-2004, 02:45 AM
EDUCATED ANSWERS/ see above for original Stu-ideas.

1. No I said and meant if you can't escape those first experiences, you have to resort to labels like GAY AND STRAIGHT, AND EVEN BI. "THE LAW OF SIN IS RESTRICTION" I call myself a "human", Stu. I never put labels on my main media or my thought patterns and don't care what you do or say about it. Truth is truth with or without you. I never attacked anyone personally either, but I think I'm getting warmed up now...

2. This may hurt many, but we are in a new Aeon, brothers. These terms and mental conditioning are from the Aeon of "The Dying God" i.e. Christianity. This is holding the whole world back. If you are exclusively Gay or Lesbian you are actually in the Aeon before that one, that of "Isis". Oh I know: Everything is "relative", right?

3. Of course I am not talking about all of Canada, I speak of certain recent events and actions with members that have transpired here, i.e. "TRIX ARE FOR KIDS". The parties involved know exactly what I mean. (I joined an American board last week and funny, none of that happened, just got a lot of friendly intros...)

4. Childish? It seems very childish to me for you to sit here and defend a post that you didn't create, and a post didn't have any "honest intention" in the least. Maybe you are his friend?

5. Stu, you sound very threatened, not un-like the "hetero" guys or "vanilla" girls who see my latest http://femdommecademy.com and can't "handle it" and freak out. And "bearing"? YOU WERE BEGOTTEN OF A MAN AND A WOMAN, it is by biological definition part of you, and your DNA coding. Your labels deny that, and make our beautiful varied sexual existence cheap: like cereal box logos. Uh, uh people may freak over THAT. :)

6. Go study the Greeks to start, it seems that you need sexual education Stu. Further references available upon request. Like HEQmedia.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GAY, STRAIGHT (OR BI)
THERE IS JUST HUMAN SEXUALITY.

Educated enough? Should I post my degress and resume?
http://greggdilorenzo.com

monaro
10-13-2004, 04:57 AM
Good afternoon Legacy,

I had enjoyed reading about archbishop simpson and after reading
it. It had became clear about individual freedom, which includes the
freedom of people to do some things that we and other people may
disapprove of. A person should be free to do what he pleases with his
own life and property, as long as he does not violate the same right of
other peaceful persons to do what they want with their lives & properties.

Have a great day!

TheLegacy
10-13-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by monaro
Good afternoon Legacy,

I had enjoyed reading about archbishop simpson and after reading
it. It had became clear about individual freedom, which includes the
freedom of people to do some things that we and other people may
disapprove of. A person should be free to do what he pleases with his
own life and property, as long as he does not violate the same right of
other peaceful persons to do what they want with their lives & properties.

Have a great day!

very interesting thought monaro.. I found it a good read, and have spoken to the archbishop on the phone / emails a few times. He just has a refreshing attitude and non judgemental spirit.

G.d
10-14-2004, 12:37 AM
All I can say is that banner above this post is very hot, as well as very well designed, and you are rightfully proud in displaying it.

Is she Italian? Just a guess.

:rolleyes:

00088=blessed
00088=breed

00088=circle
00088=catholica

00088=drugged
00088=digger

00088=ecstasy
00088=evoker

00088=fucked
00088=fullness

00088=gasoline
00088=guzzlers

00088=Invoke
00088=Italian

00088=laughing
00088=Liberas

Damn I think that's a new Sonatria! And its funny!
:bonk:
Hail unto thee XNations!
YES

thruma
10-14-2004, 09:00 AM
GD I think thats Aria Giovanni you're talking about.

yup Italian. :)

dyonisus
10-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by blazi
to each his/her own, as long as gays don't bother me then I don't mind them or what they stand for, it's their preference.

bother you?? I am sure all the gay folks are so relieved to know it is cool to exist as long as they keep aways from you!!!

TheLegacy
10-14-2004, 01:16 PM
I found it interesting last night on the debates, that Kerry considered being gay was not by choice, instead a quality that people are born with.

Kerrys response last night had me frozen in my seat, and even when he was finished you could hear it in Bush's voice that Kerry was right.

TheLegacy
10-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by G.d
All I can say is that banner above this post is very hot, as well as very well designed, and you are rightfully proud in displaying it.

Is she Italian? Just a guess.

yes that is Aria Giovanni, we have her movie and that photoshoot in our content at http://www.webmasterparadise.com