PDA

View Full Version : i am looking for moderators

biznatch
10-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Hello,
yes i am looking for moderators but first would like to offer the option to the current moderators of this board, reasons being..

*They seem fun and active in the board
*ive been reading these boards for a while, im mostly a quiet person and participate minimally (just the way i am) but am looking for active mods that spark up conversations and keep them going with there humour and wit
*im a member of many many boards and find the mods of xnations to be more fun based and not so serious and judgemental.

My board is not a webmaster board but is very sexually orientated and is a great place for sponsors to advertise there sites to many potential surfers.

out of professional courtesy and respect i will not mention the url of my board on this board, seems strange to me to promote one board on another board that is not mine, though i do feel my board will go great side by side with this board without xnations owners having any fear of competition, im not about that. I will release url of board only if xnations mods feel it is fine

I am currently looking for 5 mods but must have these atributes..
1. be friendly
2. be active
3. perhaps even try to recruit new members any which way they can (optional but I would like it)
4. optional as well - have a link from one of there sites to mine to recruit more users
5. just have fun with it, it isnt a serious based board with drama

We are set to launch the board this coming monday, but i would like to line up some good mods by then so i dont launch with just me holding the bag ;)

Xnations mods if you are interested just reply to this thread with a "yes" or "no" reply and i will fill you in on the rest of the details, to everyone else if you see that they have passed and would like the oppoprtunity to be a mod as well private message me or send an email to performance-seo@telus.net, or you can reply here as well

Thank you all
Cheers
Biznatch

Panky
10-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Thank you for the compliments about XNations and us mods. :) To be quite honest, the members of XNations are what really makes XNations a cool place to be. We've been fortunate to have a diverse group of friendly people, that together, have formed a non hostile and helpful community. :D

monaro
10-12-2004, 05:30 AM
My answer is "No!" tho I can not answer NO without reason.

Over the past year and a bit of myself knowing of and joining XNations,
I have found that there are very interesting people here.
I care about different aspects of each person I interact with and look
forward to returning each day to read and respond if I am able too with
yourselves who are willing to open up and talk about your business,
your products and services, your favorite team, what makes you happy.

There are a lot of active people here at our board. I am influenced in a
sort of informal learning experience by you Ladies and Gents of
XNations. Thank you for that, thank you for sharing. I am motivated by
making interpersonal connections with you, I first came to XNations
and found a feeling for opportunity to be a part of a group of wonderful
people. I will say it out loud, Members of Xnations are wonderful People.

A way to increase my own professional development as a XNation’s
moderator is to focus on the very tasks, and responsibilities of the
discussions to professionally filter out what is seen as not complying
with XNations and what XNations is about.

Sharing knowledge, creating a peaceful community and receiving
personal and professional recognition is not about being a moderator.
It is about defining your own reasons for wanting to be apart of such a
great board as XNations is that great board to develop a consistent level
of communication among group members.

Have a great day!

Mark

biznatch
10-12-2004, 05:43 AM
Panky, Monaro, thank you for your replies, im trying to find people exactly like you guys, that care about there business and people they do it with on a daily basis even if it is just chatting on a board. Your dedication to your boards and its members is very well noticed as i am sure it is equaly recieved by your members. All members of this board should feel safe and lucky in knowing the fact that the mods here are dedicated to you and maintaining the partnerships and friendships gained by this board. Cheers to admin and how you run your business, is a great motivator for someone like me who will soon be in your type of position and hope i have half the luck and good fortune that you have gained by running a good clean board.

I can clearly see the current moderators would like to stay with what they have which i respect 100% and am thankful for there replies. With that said i still do have 5 spots open and if any non-moderators are interested i would like to hear from you and create a dialogue with you and see what we can work out.

Many cheers
Biznatch

Zappu
10-12-2004, 05:54 AM
@biznatch
As I am already a mod of some other boards around I do not have the time, but I would love to place a button for you and exchange a linking spot. If you care, just drop me a not to john [a-t] magicmedia.dk or hit me by ICQ: 270334148

Funbrunette
10-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by biznatch
Panky, Monaro, thank you for your replies, im trying to find people exactly like you guys, that care about there business and people they do it with on a daily basis even if it is just chatting on a board. Your dedication to your boards and its members is very well noticed as i am sure it is equaly recieved by your members. All members of this board should feel safe and lucky in knowing the fact that the mods here are dedicated to you and maintaining the partnerships and friendships gained by this board. Cheers to admin and how you run your business, is a great motivator for someone like me who will soon be in your type of position and hope i have half the luck and good fortune that you have gained by running a good clean board.

I can clearly see the current moderators would like to stay with what they have which i respect 100% and am thankful for there replies. With that said i still do have 5 spots open and if any non-moderators are interested i would like to hear from you and create a dialogue with you and see what we can work out.

Many cheers
Biznatch

See my teeth? That's me growling at you! ::-| Hehehehe! Stay away from my Mods! These guys are VERY important to Xnations! :D

biznatch
10-13-2004, 11:23 PM
its all good, i was just looking for some mods and thought you guys were best suited for the job from your past experience on here.
Cheers

pf69.com
10-15-2004, 08:54 AM
I could be a mod! (and I am a very active poster...could be called a whore...)

sweet7
10-15-2004, 02:16 PM
can someone enlighten me as to the pros of being Moderator other than the honour and priviledge of banning people and deleting threads and posts :p

Bec
10-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by sweet7
can someone enlighten me as to the pros of being Moderator other than the honour and priviledge of banning people and deleting threads and posts :p

I don't know what goes on here for the mods, but some boards do offer mods a % of ad sales and/or monthly payment, an ad spot if they have something they want to push, and usually a pretty free hand to spam their own sites or what have you in posts. Really depends on the board owner(s) and the amount of traffic a board gets.

Panky
10-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by sweet7

That alone makes it all worth while. LOL! :bonk:

Seriously though, what Bec said about advertising and percentages of ad revenue is true. Some mods are on payroll. Like Bec had said, every board negotiates different terms.

pf69.com
10-19-2004, 09:53 PM
dude I sent you the reply today...I know I am a bit late but I am trying to get a phoneline ot my house so that i dont have to come to my mothers house to work.... this really suck but I am very interested in working with you...