PDA

View Full Version : University of Phoenix???

Funbrunette
10-27-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm into Magament Human Resources, but I've always wanted a degree in Criminology. I'm seriously considering getting my dedree on-line (it's pretty much the same, still have to write a thesis) :D

Hey, I figure I'm still young to have a new career, anyone know about Pheonix University? (BTW, I've already checked it's recognized in Canada) ;)

Feynman
10-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Why do you want a degree in criminology? to make sure that whatever act you commit is perfect? :D

Funbrunette
10-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Feynman
Why do you want a degree in criminology? to make sure that whatever act you commit is perfect? :D

Half the people in my family are cops and detectives! I've always had a huge interest to get into the mind of a serial killer and study those people with high IQ's! That are so unexplainable!

As for me, I'm always good! :angel:

venturi
10-28-2004, 03:51 AM
If you want to spend ungodly $1000s for a worthless shingle then go for it with UofP. Mishi went into their undergrad program for IT and in a few semesters she basically got the Cliff's Notes version of "IT For Dummies". Approx. $4K wasted on bullshit classes, moronic assignments and a curriculum that had NOTHING to do with her major.

That's my $0.02, but I'm a layman - I've only been in IT since 1978. :badcomp:

AdultLegal-Jim
10-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Actually I've looked into it too

its a little more expensive but it seems to fit my schedule better

what they told me is that its nat all online, I think the first and last classes of any course are in house and the rest are online

I haven't made up my mind yet though

nanda
10-28-2004, 06:32 PM
I've heard good things about it, but I'm sure locsl colleges offer that FB!;)

Funbrunette
10-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by nanda
I've heard good things about it, but I'm sure locsl colleges offer that FB!;)

I've sent out for a bunch of information...My office is already swamped with Criminology info...lol Could scare my employer! ::-|