PDA

View Full Version : Canadians are truly odd: Proof

Rochard
11-04-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm sure that the rest of the world is laughing at the US after our elections. I came across this earlier this morning on Yahoo news:

LOS ANGELES - A naked man climbed a fence at Los Angeles International Airport, ran across the tarmac and climbed into the wheel well of a departing plane before firefighters talked him out, airport officials said.

The 31-year-old Canadian man, who was described as mentally unstable, had been turned away hours earlier when he tried to buy a ticket on a Qantas Airways flight to Australia with only a credit card receipt.

Neil Melly told authorities he stripped naked to protest the airline's decision to deny him a ticket, said Nancy Castles, an airport spokeswoman.

In the incident Monday, baggage handlers saw Melly climb over an 8-foot barbed-wire fence and sprint to the Boeing 747 as it backed away from the gate.

He climbed into a landing gear wheel well of the plane, which came to a stop. He initially ignored police officers' commands to come out, but complied when city firefighters arrived. Melly later was booked on trespassing charges.

Melly suffered from bipolar disorder and had been listed as a missing person in Canada, Castles said.

The plane, bound for Melbourne, departed an hour late.

Paul Haney, a spokesman for the agency that operates the airport, said authorities will look into improving the fence because of the incident.

TheLegacy
11-04-2004, 09:46 AM
...well in all fairness he was miles away from the nearest Tim Hortons and he probably had some weak american beer - he was a bit skiddish

http://www.2112.net/artifacts/volume1/track3/bd.jpg

thruma
11-04-2004, 10:17 AM
lol

Not only do the americans want to leave now even a canadian is freaking out trying to leave the states

Torn Rose
11-04-2004, 10:21 AM
like you needed to even post "proof" to back this claim up... who would argue?

(J/K all my Canuk Friends!)

monaro
11-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Like what can be done to improve that 8 foot barbed wire fence? :D

AdultLegal-Jim
11-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Hey TheLegacy

I've based all my knowledge and opinions of Canada on hockey and Bob and Doug McKenzie :-)

Black Dog
11-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, eh?

B

Rochard
11-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Where in the world could I get a copy of Bob and Doug McKenzie's album? Anyone?

AdultLegal-Jim
11-04-2004, 02:56 PM
last time I went skiing I brought that and plan 9 from outer space with me to watch

the girl I was seeing at the time wasn't happy with the movie selection at all

but I don't have the album anymore :-(

TheLegacy
11-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Rochard
Where in the world could I get a copy of Bob and Doug McKenzie's album? Anyone?

I'll look and see what I can find.. worse case - i'll find the CD and send it to you my friend

splatshed
11-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by AdultLegal-Jim
Hey TheLegacy

I've based all my knowledge and opinions of Canada on hockey and Bob and Doug McKenzie :-)

LOL yeah i hear ya, you hoser!

Funbrunette
11-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by TheLegacy
...well in all fairness he was miles away from the nearest Tim Hortons and he probably had some weak american beer - he was a bit skiddish

http://www.2112.net/artifacts/volume1/track3/bd.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

TheLegacy
11-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by AdultLegal-Jim
Hey TheLegacy

thats so cool - your not going to beleive that in canada they are doing a show where we vote on the most important canadian.. there is one of our founding fathers, the guy who brought in health care and so much more.. alexander bell.. then two of them are "the great one' and don cherry.. go figure.. lol

splatshed
11-04-2004, 05:45 PM
thats so cool - your not going to beleive that in canada they are doing a show where we vote on the most important canadian.. there is one of our founding fathers, the guy who brought in health care and so much more.. alexander bell.. then two of them are "the great one' and don cherry.. go figure.. lol

LMAO This has to go to Don Cherry the King of Rock'em Sock'em hockey fight videos!!!!! If i were from CA he would get my vote.

Odie
11-04-2004, 08:34 PM
gotta love us crazy Canadians!!!:P

sammy
11-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by thruma
lol

Not only do the americans want to leave now even a canadian is freaking out trying to leave the states

nice one ! :D

twinkley
11-05-2004, 01:40 PM
okay ... here is my question ...

did he get naked before or after the fence climb ...

**twinkley pictures the horror of a naken man and a barbed wire fence**

twinkley

BradM
11-05-2004, 01:42 PM
LOL I love Bob and Doug

AdultLegal-Jim
11-05-2004, 01:47 PM

well all kidding aside about my basing my knowledge and opinions of Canada on hockey and Bob and Doug

I do love Don Cherry, He did coach the Boston Bruins afterall :-)

and his show was awesome but I can' find a station in the states that plays it