PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

Funbrunette
12-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Ok, I don't usually do this, but this is something that means SO much to me, something I am extremely passionate about so please take a few seconds to read and sign.

We can no longer close our eyes to this and pretend that it dosen't happen. It is happening. It is happening every day. It is easy to believe these horrendous actions occur only in other areas of the world. The truth is it is occuring in your own town, in your own back yard and some times, right under your nose.

Bill C-10 (b): CRUELTY TO ANIMALS LEGISLATION

Body of Petition:
We, the undersigned citizens of Canada

draw the attention of the Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee to the following:

- THAT the cruelty to animals sections of the Criminal Code have not been significantly changed in more than 100 years;

-THAT crimes against animals are currently in the Property Section of the Criminal Code, rather than in a separate section where animals can be protected as sentient beings that can suffer;

-THAT the current Criminal Code does not adequately protect animals from cruelty and abuse, nor does it appropriately punish those who inflict willful and unnecessary suffering on them;

-THAT currently the Criminal Code only allows for a two-year prohibition on animal ownership for convicted abusers, thereby permitting them to continue the cycle of abuse;

-THAT humane societies and SPCA's may incur substantial costs in providing food, shelter and medical care for animals they seize from abusive situations.

THEREFORE, your petitioners respectfully request that, as soon as possible, the Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee support Bill C-10 (b) as it currently reads in order to strengthen Crimes Against Animals sections of the Criminal Code, which prohibit persons from committing criminal acts of cruelty, abuse, abandonment or neglect of animals.

Please sign petition here (http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=4887&action=signForm)

Mister X
12-01-2002, 02:33 PM
I support everything in the petition except the sentient beings part. I can see that leading to way too many problems for farmers. And I'm not a vegetarian, lol. I do think there should be stronger penalties for people that persist in harming animals though. So I signed it. :D

Panky
12-01-2002, 03:42 PM
I would love to be one those people who bust people for the cruelty to animals stuff. They should do to those people what the people do to the animals.

I was taught to respect animals. All animals. Actually, it's not in my nature to harm an animal. I just don't understand people who can do this stuff and can live with themselves.

Panky

sherie
12-01-2002, 04:42 PM
I am all over that! Please take that pic down it is making me cry :(

Funbrunette
12-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by sherie
I am all over that! Please take that pic down it is making me cry :(

I know...It breaks my heart too...I just want people to understand and see it's not a joke and NO I'm not one of those crazy "Animal Activists" I'm just an animal lover who happens to care a little too much! :)

I saw this sad show last night and it just made me realize how fucked up some humans are...I just want to help!

Funbrunette
12-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Here's my handsome boy buddy that we adopted from the SPCA about a year ago! :D

Mister X
12-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Cute pup!
I really do think there should be some stricter rules, especially after a couple of stories I've seen on puppy mills and such. I tend to shy away from the extremist/PETA type of animal activist stuff but there's no question at all in my mind that someone who does some of the disgusting things that people do should be given a short jail sentence or a BIG fine, depending on the severity. And repeat offenders should be given harsher punishments. Unfortunately I think organizations like PETA have given a lot of animal rights groups a bad name. Stupid ideas like having 5 year sentences for a first offence are quite honestly ridiculous. When a guy can put his wife in the hospital and get off with probation I think that's a little out of whack. But a prohibition from owning animals for 2 years as a punishment is just as much out of whack! A balance needs to be struck I think.

sherie
12-01-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I know...It breaks my heart too...I just want people to understand and see it's not a joke and NO I'm not one of those crazy "Animal Activists" I'm just an animal lover who happens to care a little too much! :)

I saw this sad show last night and it just made me realize how fucked up some humans are...I just want to help! It's a crying shame the things that people do to animals.

In my books it's right up there with child abuse, how can a person be so cruel to someone/thing so defensless?! It's insane and those people are freaking sick!

This is a great thing that you are doing here Steph!!

Evil Chris
12-02-2002, 12:03 AM
Buddy is a good boy for sure...
He and Casey started some obediance classes this weekend, and they're both naturals. :D

Funbrunette
12-02-2002, 12:05 AM
Here's a picture of my other baby. This is Casey our spoiled Chocolate Lab she's the boss in the house...lol

Funbrunette
12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Mister X
Stupid ideas like having 5 year sentences for a first offence are quite honestly ridiculous. When a guy can put his wife in the hospital and get off with probation I think that's a little out of whack.

I agree with you 100% and that also makes me sick, but the wife has the possibility to defend herself and report the bastard of even leave him, animals don't! Don't get me wrong child abuse, spousal abuse and all that BS makes me sick to my stomach and I strongly feel the law should be less lenient, but I can only fight for one cause at a time! :D

sherie
12-02-2002, 12:16 AM
Beautiful dogs!!

Panky
12-02-2002, 01:40 AM
I agree. Your furry babies are so cute!

:D

Panky

Mister X
12-02-2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I agree with you 100% and that also makes me sick, but the wife has the possibility to defend herself and report the bastard of even leave him, animals don't! Don't get me wrong child abuse, spousal abuse and all that BS makes me sick to my stomach and I strongly feel the law should be less lenient, but I can only fight for one cause at a time! :D Well If you fight for even one cause you're way ahead of 95% of the people. More power to ya I say! And don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that looking after animals isn't important. I was just talking about the lack of perspective that certain extremist types have when it comes to the subject. Good luck in your fight! :xthumbs:

mailman
12-02-2002, 09:44 AM
here is my barn cat i picked up off the side of the street laying next to 2 other dead kittens....

go figure my GF calles her Cinderella!

mailman
12-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Oh yeah and i signed your thing... :)

Funbrunette
12-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by mailman
Oh yeah and i signed your thing... :)

Thanks hun! Your pussy is adorable :D

mailman
12-02-2002, 10:38 AM
i know i pet it daily :)