PDA

View Full Version : Got a sex confessions website - need reviews/opinions

sstory
11-09-2004, 04:17 PM
I recently built a site called Sexual Story Book, www.sexualstorybook.com

Though there are plenty of sex story websites floating around, I have never liked their designs. Their either too clutered, has popup hell, or are just ugly.

I wanted to come up with a site that was professional looking, yet sexy for a story website. I also built mine using web standards (not sure if any of you care or not)

In a nutshell, my site is for those who want to "confess" their sexual experiences. I haven't seen too many of confession type websites, aside from www.grouphug.us or something. It allows for the visitor to post a fictional story, but we encourage true stories. I give a wide array of categories, what I think, is a pleasing visual site to show the content. All postings are anonymous.

The problem I am facing is content. The site lacks content as I have posted on several forums trying to gain traffic and story submissions. However, that will come with time.

What I want from you guys/gals is if you could look at the site and let me know what you think of the design, colors, layout, bannad placements, etc... or anything else you want to say.

It only gets like 40 ppl a day right now, so obviously its hard to determine whether I "would" be getting clicks on my banners or not.

Please feel free to post a true sexual experience whether its wild as hell or boring. The more the merrier :)

www.sexualstorybook.com

However, any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks alot!
sstory

Panky
11-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Welcum to XNations :D

The only thing I would change on the site, is fill in the white space under the "Start Confessing" button. Other than that, you did a good job on the site. :xthumbs:

sstory
11-09-2004, 04:55 PM
whitespace? YOu mean on the homepage, how there is nothing in the content area underneath it?

I guess I could, I was just kinda drawing a blank of what could go underneath it. Not really sure to be honest.

sstory
11-09-2004, 08:00 PM
I have just made another tweak.

Instead of making the visitor jump through hoops to finally get a list of the stories, I made each link on the left have a drop down menu for ALL, TRUE, and FICTION.

Check it out and let me know if that is much better to use. That way, its one less page for the visitor to go through.