PDA

View Full Version : Stilgar?

wsjb78
12-02-2002, 04:58 AM
I just can't remembet where I know this name from...

It's from a movie or tv-series... or some anime.... anyone can help me out?

Mister X
12-02-2002, 12:27 PM
It's the name of Paul Atreides father in law in Dune by Frank Herbert. Ooops. Did I just let it slip that I'm a science fiction geek? ::-|

Evil Chris
12-02-2002, 02:05 PM
I liked Dune a lot... I'm a bit of a David-o-phile..

But I do understand people who hate his work. I have problems with some of his movies. Like the most recent one, Mulholland Drive. Yikes I thought it was bad, and I didn't get it at all.

However, Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Eraserhead, Dune .... all great ones!

Mister X
12-02-2002, 05:00 PM
So far I've liked them all except that one... Lost Highway?... That one sucked big time. I'm not sure if it even had a story. Dune I thought was a pretty great movie. Never really understood why it wasn't a big hit. Blue Velvet just blew me away the first time I saw it.

Stilgar
12-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Glad to see there are other sci-fi geeks here also! :)

I personally think that Dune is one of the best novels ever written (sci-fi or otherwise) and I just couldn't help but go with a nick from there. I just wanted one that wouldn't be as well known as Paul or Leto.

Mister X
12-03-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Stilgar
Glad to see there are other sci-fi geeks here also! :)

I personally think that Dune is one of the best novels ever written (sci-fi or otherwise) and I just couldn't help but go with a nick from there. I just wanted one that wouldn't be as well known as Paul or Leto. I've read all of the books. Multiple times. In fact at least 3 times each. God Emperor probably 5 times.

Sophdream
12-03-2002, 01:28 AM
:D I agree, Dune was a fantastic movie and books were very very good too.

wsjb78
12-03-2002, 07:46 AM
yeah, I remember now... Stilgar the Fremen... :o)
I've read all Dune books back in '96 in Australia. I also love Asimov however nothing beats Babylon 5 and Star Wars Ep V!

wsjb78

Evil Chris
12-03-2002, 09:48 AM
The thing in Dune that I thought was kinda strange was the way they would go .. "chaw!" every time they shot their weapons... hehehe..

Mister X
12-03-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
The thing in Dune that I thought was kinda strange was the way they would go .. "chaw!" every time they shot their weapons... hehehe.. I think they kind of pulled those weapons out of their asses when they made the movie, hehe. I think the idea was supposed to be that they were some kind of sonic amplifier gizmo or something. You say a "power word" and it amplifies that into a blast. LOL.

wsjb78
12-03-2002, 03:41 PM
The name "muadib" holds massiv power in it!

(Don't recall how to correctly spell it)