PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite travel destinations??

Evil Chris
11-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Being webmasters, many of us have probably been fortunate enough to do a lot of travelling both for business and pleasure. What are some of the favourite places you've been and why?

Personally, as far as the USA goes, I love Las Vegas. I never thought I would like it as much as I do. I like how it never seems to close or slow down. There's always some kind of action whether you're at a club, or a restaurant, or just gambling.

TheLegacy
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
anywhere that puts SheDevil and I close too oceania or sunny

Jasun
11-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Southern California.

I heard the news about Toronto getting buried in two blizards in four days a few years back. I heard the news while I was rolling blading down Venice Beach.

I never wanted to go back.

Evil Chris
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Toronto is ok.... I try not to complain too much about snow. Because I do love having 4 distinct seasons. And we can always escape it for a week or two if we really want to.

Plus you got the LEAFS! :)

Jasun
11-16-2004, 02:02 PM
True, and down by the lake, there's this tower that if you go all the way to the top, you can see Buffalo.

Torn Rose
11-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Key West and the Pacific North West (the Seattle/Vancouver area)

I Love Key West for just being laid back and a place you can do what you want and not give a damn and the weather.

The PNW I love for the beauty and isolation

diesel
11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
My favourite destination spot without a doubt is Tokyo Japan. Expensive as Hell, but wow, was it worth it. After that is any of the island in Thailad i.e. Phuket.

dyonisus
11-17-2004, 12:11 PM
I have to agree with the Venice Beach and SoCal area... try to make it there as often as possible

Never been off the mainland, but definitely plan to and soon Hawaai and Australia for certain!

nanda
11-17-2004, 03:23 PM
My favorite places where Monaco- Monte Carlo, Venice Italy, and the Rhine River in Germany...;)

Funbrunette
11-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Greece :sunshine: With all those Greek Gods!

sweet7
11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
anywhere with a beach, bikinis and decent waves :D

splatshed
11-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Cabo san lucas!!!!!!

Funbrunette
11-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by sweet7
anywhere with a beach, bikinis and decent waves :D

I just can't picture you in a bikini! :bonk: lol No matter how hard I try!

Visualad
11-17-2004, 08:45 PM
man... where to begin.. and would I be able to stop counting?

So many places. And the season of the year can make the same place or country a whole new experience. I would say Amalfi Coast in Italy.. Driving around in France with a car and staying in amazing castles during the trip. Diving in thailand. Skiing in france and italy during the winter and enjoying them in the summer.. So many parts of spain are amazing, Highlight ofcourse is Barcelona which has so many diffirent qualities depending on what you want... Sweden is beautiful in the summers.

There are so many countries I been to, each have something that is really unique and beautiful. I been to many places, yet there are SO MANY left to visit..

I want to visit a lot of asian countries like India, mongolia, malaysia, indonesia, china.... then many countries in Africa.. I heard Namibia is beautiful. Man.. I fucking love travelling. Been too busy working the past year.

GOTTA GET MOVING SOON!! ;-)

aimeesweet
11-17-2004, 09:08 PM
I really enjoyed my last trip to Curacao...The sun, the water and the people made it an amazing experience...

sweet7
11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I just can't picture you in a bikini! :bonk: lol No matter how hard I try!

LOL :bonk: I'll only wear a bikini if I've had enough beer and I'm showing early signs of sun stroke!

sammy
11-18-2004, 12:57 AM
i lived one year in provence and it s always sunny !

nice place to chill

trishie
11-18-2004, 03:56 AM
I really enjoy holidaying all over Australia.. but I really enjoyed my overseas holiday... would love to spend more time in the UK.. and definatey Scotland.... :D

oceania
11-19-2004, 01:38 PM
hmmmm in bed with Legacy and SheDevil
a box of chocolates and listening to Twinkley's laugh

TheLegacy
11-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by oceania
hmmmm in bed with Legacy and SheDevil
a box of chocolates and listening to Twinkley's laugh

Twinkley would be laughing since if you and shedevil were ever in bed together with me.. you two would be so busy, I'd have nothing else to do but eat them

Forest
11-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Im off to germany tomorrow ill let you know what i think

but to date Hawaii is my favorite place

any island other then Oahu

nanda
11-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Forest
Im off to germany tomorrow ill let you know what i think

but to date Hawaii is my favorite place

any island other then Oahu

I hope you enjoy Germany;) :xthumbs: Eat as much German food and go to their Christmas Markets!

Funbrunette
11-20-2004, 12:53 PM
I was laying in bed last night...I drifted to sleep as I had this perfect image in my head!

This gorgeous white sanded beach with a turquoise ocean, big palm trees and the sound of tropical birds! I could almost smell that wonderful smell of the tropics and the exotic flowers! :cloud9: The relaxing sound of the waves with a warm breeze on my face...

That's were I'd love to be...It doesn't matter where as long as I was on a private beach! I'd only bring my toothbrush and a bikini!

Complete peace and paradise!

That's got to be cheaper than a diamond tennis bracelet no? :laughout:

Doesn't take much to make me happy this would truly be a dream come true! :D

Vid Vicious
11-21-2004, 11:09 AM
The Keys are cool to sit back relax and dive .. the Pasific north west is awsome if hiking, whale watching or other nature crap is your thing .. (two of my favorite places) .. But ultimately Oacaxa Mexico, namely Zipolite, an awsome clothin optional beach, Rent a hut, put up your hammock and just enjoy everything life has to offer. You and your thoughts alone on the beach .. I'll be there in just 2 weeks :)

Vid Vicious
11-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I was laying in bed last night...I drifted to sleep as I had this perfect image in my head!

This gorgeous white sanded beach with a turquoise ocean, big palm trees and the sound of tropical birds! I could almost smell that wonderful smell of the tropics and the exotic flowers! :cloud9: The relaxing sound of the waves with a warm breeze on my face...

That's were I'd love to be...It doesn't matter where as long as I was on a private beach! I'd only bring my toothbrush and a bikini!

Complete peace and paradise!

That's got to be cheaper than a diamond tennis bracelet no? :laughout:

Doesn't take much to make me happy this would truly be a dream come true! :D

You don't need no stinkin' bikini

Funbrunette
11-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Vid Vicious
You don't need no stinkin' bikini

Well, with those pastries you brought over last week I'm thinking I'll need 2 bikinis....lol :uoink:

DAMN! They were divine :drool: so rich my taste buds deemed themselves unworthy!

kaustic
11-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Grand Cayman and Aruba! Definitely some of the clearest most beautiful beaches I´ve ever seen... Great hospitality, and tax free living in GC! (But it costs an arm and a leg to live there anyway....)