PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo domains?

Evil Chris
11-30-2004, 04:34 PM
anyone using Yahoo to register their domain names?

I've just noticed their prices are pretty good... $9.95 per domain, per year.

But before I try them, I'd like some feedback from someone currently using them.

bryany
11-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Are they just registering a bunch of domains and just reselling them? Or are they a registrar now?

modF
11-30-2004, 06:21 PM
I hope the yahoo domain support is better than the small business hosting/merchant solutions support. Uggh, I hate those people. :)

Evil Chris
11-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by bryany
Are they just registering a bunch of domains and just reselling them? Or are they a registrar now?
I am wondering the same thing. Are they operation like Directnic for example?

Originally posted by modF
I hope the yahoo domain support is better than the small business hosting/merchant solutions support. Uggh, I hate those people. :) The domain sale area is in the same place as the small business section... so now I'm confused. LOL

modF
11-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I am wondering the same thing. Are they operation like Directnic for example?

The domain sale area is in the same place as the small business section... so now I'm confused. LOL

I guess I could have been a bit more specific about that. I have a yahoo store, but had my own domain so I did not need to use their service for that. :)

Gruntled
11-30-2004, 10:06 PM
They are probably just a co-branded reseller for one of the bigger guys. Likely tucows.

sweet7
12-01-2004, 10:52 AM
why not use Namecheap it's only 8.88 !?

kaustic
12-02-2004, 09:20 PM
I will pay the extra $5 to keep using Directnic, I´ve had them since the first domain I purchased, and ive transferred domains, registerred new ones, sold some.... and its all sooo easy never a problem ever.... I love ém!

My 2 cents