X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you enjoy most about this business? (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=15709)

Basic_man 07-21-2006 01:59 PM

I really enjoy working on my own hours, having to think about new projects, building a solid business, and work from homeeeee :)

And naked girls aren't so bad to watch :wank:

aimeesweet 07-21-2006 02:15 PM

I love the same things as everyone else... the people, the traveling and the technology...

But what I really like is the opportunities it has provided for models to control the rights to their content and capitalize on it. I love being able to run my own site and shoot what I want for it. Having creative control over how I wish to be portrayed on my site is very liberating for me.

I also like that, as a model, I have be able to transform myself from "just a model" to a business woman. I realize that my photos will always be on the web, so I can’t imagine ever working in corporate America… but it’s nice to know that our industry embraces talent and encourages us to take on an active role behind the scenes. I know that I will always have great job opportunities working within the business when it comes time for me to retire from modeling.

rico-panchodog 07-21-2006 02:17 PM

Hey everyone, my first post ;)

Thanks for the invite Chris.

You guys summed it all up before I got her ;) Not a whole lot I can add to your comments.

But I DO enjoy the flexibility, shows, people involved, and the creativity to just name a few things. I also LOVE the fact that competitors can do business with each other, whereas most other businesses do not have that advantage. Not that, that is the only advantage, lol

See everyone in Miami?

Evil Chris 07-21-2006 02:21 PM

One thing I like about this business is that I can draw a crowd of interesting and very informed people to a thread like this.

What I don't like is how hard it is to keep them hanging around! :)

Ronaldo 07-21-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico-panchodog
I also LOVE the fact that competitors can do business with each other

See everyone in Miami?

That's a good one. I constantly refer business to my competitors and vice versa.

Another thing I dislike is having models sites blocked because they live in such close proximity. :baby: I know it's not exclusive to this business, but I probably wouldn't know the models existed if I wasn't in it.

I'll be in Miami Rico. What models are you bringing with you?? :wank:

jayman 07-21-2006 02:33 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with the $$$ part. Its also nice to be involved with people that you are pretty sure are open minded.

TheLegacy 07-21-2006 02:36 PM

it makes me smile seeing everyone's post and the warm feelings we all have.

conventions to me are like high school reunions - I do not consider people as 'industry friends' as much as I think of them as family. Ron is as a brother to me, twinkley and cyndalie are my sisters.. sweetums a big sis.. bob rice, LAJ are close brothers and VID is my brother from a different mother. There are so many to count that i find myself so thankful for the generousity and stability I find within the people I know.. oh. and DonMike is the secret lover I visit every friday in a hotel room I have set up across town.

I simply have to ignore those who treat it as their own personal emotional toilet

leedsfan 07-21-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris
One thing I like about this business is that I can draw a crowd of interesting and very informed people to a thread like this.

What I don't like is how hard it is to keep them hanging around! :)

ah the eternal struggle.

StuartD 07-21-2006 03:03 PM

I hate this industry.

Evil Chris 07-21-2006 03:50 PM

I won't be in Miami, however Rico we have some unfinished business from way back at the Phoenix Forum. I'll get with you or Uno sometime early next week if you still want to do some things. :)

rico-panchodog 07-21-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo
That's a good one. I constantly refer business to my competitors and vice versa.

Another thing I dislike is having models sites blocked because they live in such close proximity. :baby: I know it's not exclusive to this business, but I probably wouldn't know the models existed if I wasn't in it.

I'll be in Miami Rico. What models are you bringing with you?? :wank:

Andi, Ariel, and Brandy ;) Brandy is new, Ariel's new tours and french tours will be up by then, along with our new merchant account, that we are excited about. :)

Sorry on the blocking, lol - I thought we got that fixed for you?

I'm headin out of town for a long weekend, you got my email and number, but if not:

rico =AT= PanchoDog.com
1-512-557-3763

CHEERS!

Ronaldo 07-21-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico-panchodog
Andi

Excellent. Did you say anything after that?

Seriously, I'm just bustin' your balls. No biggie. I can view it through proxy if need be.

Kay 07-22-2006 04:50 PM

I've always worked from home, but that certainly is a perk of this job too. :) I enjoy this job most because it allows me to be creative and work on things on my own time schedule.

Vid Vicious 07-22-2006 06:37 PM

Drugs and ass .. What else

Nickatilynx 07-22-2006 09:13 PM

Its the great people , the open mindedness and the fantastic parties...

Is it fuck!!!

Its all about the money.

:)

AaronM 07-23-2006 02:24 AM

This industry is the only industry that I have worked in which not only allows me to be myself but actually rewards me for it as well.

Plus, the travel, friends, and parties are a nice bonus.

Evil Chris 07-23-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronM
This industry is the only industry that I have worked in which not only allows me to be myself but actually rewards me for it as well.

Plus, the travel, friends, and parties are a nice bonus.

That sums it up well Aaron.
How's your trip to southern Cali going?

luv$ 07-24-2006 06:37 PM

Bump it up - great thread!

Trouble Tonya 07-25-2006 06:03 PM

I have to agree with everything that has been previously posted. I do not work from home, but I have a great boss!! The money is good, the people are GREATER and I have thong panties hanging off my cork board from the mansion party in Vegas!! Now tell me where else can you get away with that shit? OH YEA...I also love that I have a limp dick hanging off my desk drawer. You guys rock and this industry rocks! I went to my first show this month in Vegas. XBIZ is the shit! Everyone I met was amazingly nice and down to earth. I really expected people to be snobby and rude, but it just wasnt the case. I am blessed to be working for a great industry. Thanks EC for posting this excellent thread. Well done my friend...well done!

~T

DonMike 07-25-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegacy
oh. and DonMike is the secret lover I visit every friday in a hotel room I have set up across town.

Uh huh. And how would your wife feel about that????

Shit, she's grab a soda and watch. Nevermind.

DonMike 07-25-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris
I won't be in Miami, however Rico we have some unfinished business from way back at the Phoenix Forum. I'll get with you or Uno sometime early next week if you still want to do some things. :)

That sounded sexy. :luv:

xxxmalouxxx 07-26-2006 12:46 AM

Gotta love meeting new exciting people...
and friends of course..

adamneve 07-26-2006 10:47 AM

I love the fact that i get to meet a lot of interesting people online and then come to the shows and meet those new faces which i know quite good but never met before, sometimes it can be very surprising.
I also like the fact that most of the people/companies are in good terms with each other and work a lot together which is not common in other industries

gnat69 07-26-2006 02:49 PM

THE FREE DILDO'S THAT THEY GIVE OUT AT THE SHOWS
:shucks:

gnat69 07-26-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouble Tonya
I have to agree with everything that has been previously posted. I do not work from home, but I have a great boss!! The money is good, the people are GREATER and I have thong panties hanging off my cork board from the mansion party in Vegas!! Now tell me where else can you get away with that shit? OH YEA...I also love that I have a limp dick hanging off my desk drawer. You guys rock and this industry rocks! I went to my first show this month in Vegas. XBIZ is the shit! Everyone I met was amazingly nice and down to earth. I really expected people to be snobby and rude, but it just wasnt the case. I am blessed to be working for a great industry. Thanks EC for posting this excellent thread. Well done my friend...well done!

~T

You seem like such a cool ass chick, right on :ban3:

DonMike 07-26-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnat69
THE FREE DILDO'S THAT THEY GIVE OUT AT THE SHOWS
:shucks:

Where did you get free dildos???? :eek:

Trouble Tonya 07-26-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnat69
You seem like such a cool ass chick, right on :ban3:

Thanks baby! So do you. Maybe I will be lucky enough to meet up with you at a show someday.

geck0 07-26-2006 07:36 PM

talking to you mate - it is the highlight of my day :)

dyonisus 07-27-2006 02:13 AM

The varied experiences and connections. I learned alot from some of the best, I grew in both facettes of my career from the experience gained in adult. It has afforded me the luxury of working from home much of the last 4 years working on my own passions and interests as well. I have also had some adventures along the road.

Carol 07-27-2006 02:45 AM

Very good question

I'm not in it for the money.

I'm not in it cause I can work from home (probably cause I don't typically).

I'm sure not in it cause I don't have a boss cause that plain old isn't true.

I have however

1. Met some of the most incredible people

2. Discovered more about myself than I thought possible

3. Learned more than I thought I wanted to know

And I continue to

1. Cross paths with some of the most "real" people you'll ever meet.

2. Learn something new every fucking day (even when I don't want to)

3. See how important all of the above really are

The money's alright I suppose although I can't say that I've ever made a mint. My kids are well taken care of, my bills are paid (for the most part :) ) and me, well I have the pleasure of spending my days taking apart one puzzle after the next typically with people I actually like and respect.

That about sums it up for me.