X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Calling all party animals, webmasters, social alcoholics.. (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=343)

gregtx 10-02-2002 12:10 PM

just jokes... jeezzz...

Evil Chris knows that I only wear leopard print in the fall...

Hey Luke... hope you are prepared for "Lily"...

Evil Chris 10-02-2002 01:09 PM

Greg... get into your zebra-skin, take a picture and make an avatar so we can all appreciate your "inner animal" LOL

twinkley 10-02-2002 01:39 PM

Hahahahahahahaha!

Bree from Netpond and I decide to get some lunch and go shopping the first day I get into Montreal for Cybernet Expo. We go down to the food court and of course, EVERYTHING is in french!! Having no idea what to order, we choose Subway, cause, well, everyone can order at subway! After taking our order, and flirting with us outragously, the guy asks where we are from etc. After muddling through his really think accent, I exclaim (in a VERY loud voice) "I AM NEVER GONNA MAKE IT HERE, THE ONLY FRENCH I KNOW IS Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)"

The guy (along with just about everyone in the place) is just STARING at me, then busts out into laugher and was like ALRIGHT!!

The funniest thing was he told me if I just kept saying that, I would not have ANY trouble finding help around the city for whatever I needed!

Hahahahahhhahaha! I love you Canadians, your so damn helpful!

twinkley

gregtx 10-02-2002 02:01 PM

That is why we all love you so much Twinkly.. and I'm not even CAnadian!!!

gunner 10-03-2002 11:53 PM

who's planning on going to this?

Raya 10-04-2002 12:13 AM

I can here the crickets!
Very scary!

I wish I could attend. Sigh I will be house sitting and working.

Cathedra 10-04-2002 09:36 AM

So far from the responses we've got, EvilChris and FunB are coming, the guys from Got Jiz?, Gamma, OXEO, CashPartner, PlatinumBucks, Spread4U, possibly some people from Matrix, as well as several independant webmasters, newbies, our French and English partners. Since we're not requiring attendance confirmation it's hard to get a more precise number, but we've booked room for about 50-60 ish people.. I soooo can't wait, we're gonna have a ball! :bonk:

Apollo 10-04-2002 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horg

This seems to be the only thing (with "Bonjour" and "le fromage") english speaking people remember about their french lessons hehe.

Oh, and greg, if you plan on using that sentence, write it like that instead :
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)?

That's not true...I know plenty of french words that I can string together that sound great to the unknowning ear but are totally incomprehensible sentences to those who know the language.
Example:
Je suis la voiture dans ma fenetre avec le biblioteque

The only real french phrase I know is
"Fuck you anglais!" :D

My girlfriend once taught me how to say "Do you want to eat popcorn out of my belly button" ...wish I could remember it....it could have come in handy in Montreal =)

I won't be able to make it though, wish I had known sooner, it's the first webmaster bash I've been aware of that's been remotely close to me.

Horg 10-04-2002 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cathedra
So far from the responses we've got, EvilChris and FunB are coming, the guys from Got Jiz?, Gamma, OXEO, CashPartner, PlatinumBucks, Spread4U, possibly some people from Matrix, as well as several independant webmasters, newbies, our French and English partners. Since we're not requiring attendance confirmation it's hard to get a more precise number, but we've booked room for about 50-60 ish people.. I soooo can't wait, we're gonna have a ball! :bonk:
Hey you forgot Le Horg !
It's pretty sure I'm coming.

Voulez-vous manger du popcorn dans mon nombril ?

Cathedra 10-04-2002 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Apollo

That's not true...I know plenty of french words that I can string together that sound great to the unknowning ear but are totally incomprehensible sentences to those who know the language.
Example:

The only real french phrase I know is
"Fuck you anglais!" :D

My girlfriend once taught me how to say "Do you want to eat popcorn out of my belly button" ...wish I could remember it....it could have come in handy in Montreal =)

I won't be able to make it though, wish I had known sooner, it's the first webmaster bash I've been aware of that's been remotely close to me.

C'mon out anyway... it's a week away, plenty of time!! :D

Cathedra 10-04-2002 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horg

Hey you forgot Le Horg !
It's pretty sure I'm coming.

Voulez-vous manger du popcorn dans mon nombril ?

Ben oui! And most of all... LE HORG is coming! But you were included in my independant webmasters mention.. peut importe :bonk:

Evil Chris 10-04-2002 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Apollo

Example:

I like the way French Canadians include English words in their sentences. Sometimes it's really funny...

"Je vais aller manger au snackbar.." :cool:

Horg 10-04-2002 04:11 PM

Why do Americans love hearing french so much ?

I remember when I was at the Las Vegas airport the woman at the reception took my ticket and read my name and of course could not read my last name (which is Laborde, I don't know any english speaking person who managed to say it properly). So after she made her miserable try at it I said my name in french the way it's supposed to be said and her eyes illuminated and she seemed to be so happy to hear that. Awwww how romantic.

gunner 10-04-2002 09:18 PM

I'm going to get to stick around Montreal until Monday, which means I'll be in Canada for the Canadian Thanksgiving. That means I get two Thanksgiving dinners this year. kick ass :D
I don't know any French. I guess I could bring my old Army beret though. Does that count?

Horg 10-04-2002 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gunner
I'm going to get to stick around Montreal until Monday, which means I'll be in Canada for the Canadian Thanksgiving. That means I get two Thanksgiving dinners this year. kick ass :D
I don't know any French. I guess I could bring my old Army beret though. Does that count?

French canadians don't actually care about thanksgiving (at least no one I know does). Here the people wearing berets either live on the plateau or in the village. :D

gunner 10-04-2002 09:32 PM

yea, I don't care about thanksgiving either. just an excuse to eat a lot.
what's the traditional canadian thanksgiving dinner? I hope it's not something fucked up like antelope...or is it turkey like here?

Horg 10-04-2002 11:45 PM

In fact I don't know. All I know is that I have a day off at school.

Cathedra 10-07-2002 09:58 AM

Quote:

yea, I don't care about thanksgiving either. just an excuse to eat a lot.
what's the traditional canadian thanksgiving dinner? I hope it's not something fucked up like antelope...or is it turkey like here?

Well speaking as an anglophone canadian (well technically i'm billingual) thanksgiving is pretty much as important to us as it is to Americans, and we basically eat the same things, turkey, potatoes, stuffing, veggies, pumpkin pie..etc. I think ours is just a tad less commercial than the American one.

gunner 10-07-2002 01:20 PM

right on, that means I get 2 turkey dinners this year!

Funbrunette 10-07-2002 01:25 PM

Well, sorry guys...I won't be able to make it. I have have family coming in from out of town :(

Hope you guys have a BLAST and have a few drinks for me! :D

Horg 10-07-2002 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Funbrunette
Well, sorry guys...I won't be able to make it. I have have family coming in from out of town :(

Hope you guys have a BLAST and have a few drinks for me! :D

Aw that sucks :(
Since when does family matters anyway ?

gunner 10-07-2002 01:44 PM

Funbrunette that's no fun!
you and Evil have got to show up, it's your city!!

and now we're going to sponsor and give away some prizes
http://www.cyber2000.qc.ca/c2gt

DrGuile 10-07-2002 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Evil Chris
this thread just got quiet.... LOL
Do you hear the crickets?

LOL

Werent you guys at Cybernext?

...also, if horg is going, I wont! He always gets up the tables and take off his pants!

Cathedra 10-07-2002 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrGuile

Werent you guys at Cybernext?

...also, if horg is going, I wont! He always gets up the tables and take off his pants!

Lol , yes we were at CyberNet. You may remember the IAWS booth with the dancing girls? :)

Aww come anyway, i'll make sure Horg keeps his pants on!

Ooooooh FunB!!! :( i'm sad.. I was looking forward to finally meeting you guys!!! C'mon it's in the evening they won't mind missing you a coupla hours on a friday night!:cool:

Horg 10-07-2002 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrGuile

At least I'm not the one always asking the DJ for Pet Shop Boys songs uh DrGuile ! :D

Vid Vicious 10-08-2002 05:07 PM

Hungryman came in all the way from Toronto for this party, I'm gonna be attending this soiree too ... Now where the ____ is my pimpin' hat? Evil did you borrow it again?

Funbrunette 10-08-2002 06:31 PM

I'll see what I can do guys...I promise :)

Sid 10-08-2002 06:41 PM

I live to far :(

gunner 10-09-2002 07:24 PM

after the pary I'm going to spend the day in Montreal, so what should I DEFINITELY go see?

Horg 10-09-2002 08:51 PM

Quote:

after the pary I'm going to spend the day in Montreal, so what should I DEFINITELY go see?
The statue of liberty