X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What kind of music do you guys & girls listening to `? (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=220)

Tkt2Pardse 09-23-2002 04:26 PM

Well I am a huge Beatle fan. Like alot of you though I like alot of stuff. new wave i like alot too. if you like a heavy sax blues thing happenin'. i've just been turned on to "Morphine" awesome awesome band. too bad the lead singer's died last year.

oh yeah, eddie money's good too, lmao

XxXotic 09-23-2002 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tkt2Pardse
Well I am a huge Beatle fan. Like alot of you though I like alot of stuff. new wave i like alot too. if you like a heavy sax blues thing happenin'. i've just been turned on to "Morphine" awesome awesome band. too bad the lead singer's died last year.

oh yeah, eddie money's good too, lmao

morphine rocks! hahaha candy is my fave song by them :) a good good friend of mine (back in the day) turned me on to them!

Tkt2Pardse 09-23-2002 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by XxXotic

morphine rocks! hahaha candy is my fave song by them :) a good good friend of mine (back in the day) turned me on to them!

yeah, i like candy but "cure for pain" is prolly my fav. "all wrong" is cool too. hell, i like pretty much that whole album!

barryf 09-24-2002 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tobbe

What group is that?:bonk:

The Weird Al Yankovic Orchestra ;)

barryf 09-24-2002 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tkt2Pardse

yeah, i like candy but "cure for pain" is prolly my fav. "all wrong" is cool too. hell, i like pretty much that whole album!

Yeah the whole Cure For Pain album is wicked cool. Did you know the lead singer died of a heart attack ON STAGE?
http://www.rockinboston.com/morphine.htm

B

Tobbe 09-25-2002 10:14 AM

Thanx XxXotic for telling jamiroquai i like them but i where years since i heard them :) goood!!!

modF 09-25-2002 11:01 AM

Here is a list of what I have here at work:

http://www.modf.com/list.txt

The home list is much larger.

Tobbe 09-25-2002 11:15 AM

Quote:

Here is a list of what I have here at work:
Thats alot of music :) will look on a few of them...

modF 09-25-2002 09:24 PM

Yes, there is quite an eclectic selection there. Ever since my place was robbed a few years ago and about 400 cds were stolen I rip everyone i buy as a backup. Off course if the bastards steal my box, I am screwed :)

luke 09-25-2002 10:36 PM

Modf, 2 Skinney J;s are bad ass! I've seen them twice down here but missed them the last time. I've got two cd's I bought from the shows. Is that a full cd they put out? Can you hook me up with it?

Tobbe 09-26-2002 04:43 PM

Do you guys and girls like jamiroquai ?

i love the song "Cosmic Girl" ! :bonk:

Tafkap 09-27-2002 03:37 AM

Quote:

Do you guys and girls like jamiroquai ?

i love the song "Cosmic Girl" ! :bonk:

My fav one is "Foolosophy"...

:bonk:

Tobbe 09-27-2002 09:43 AM

you mean : love Foolosophy !? :)

Tobbe 09-27-2002 09:45 AM

Listening on it now :)

Tafkap 09-27-2002 09:49 AM

Quote:

you mean : love Foolosophy !? :)
Yup

Tobbe 09-30-2002 03:30 PM

yeh i liked the song... very good choice Tafkap

Evil Chris 09-30-2002 04:16 PM

I'm still listening to The Hives.... Maybe I should go buy their CD and give them their money's worth! :D

Tobbe 10-01-2002 12:38 PM

Quote:

I'm still listening to The Hives.... Maybe I should go buy their CD and give them their money's worth!
Yeha that makes them even bigger !!! :money:

Horg 10-01-2002 01:07 PM

I have a couple cds here at my place and I don't know anyone who ever heard about them (even if they are not amateur bands playing in their garages). Let me know if any of you ever heard about them :

Artist - CD name(s)
Discord Aggregate - The Attack Of The Absolute Zeroes / The Texture Of The Sky
Ruby - Salt Peter / Short-Staffed At The Gene Pool
Baby Namboos - Ancoats 2 Zambia

Tobbe 10-01-2002 04:29 PM

Quote:

I have a couple cds here at my place and I don't know anyone who ever heard about them (even if they are not amateur bands playing in their garages). Let me know if any of you ever heard about them :
Nah i never heard them sorry... maybe will check them out tho.

Traffichoney 10-01-2002 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by XxXotic
depends on what type of mood I am in. I'm a DJ (have been DJ'ing for almost 16 years now) and I usually listen to my own mixed stuff (ny hardhouse, drum and bass) but if I'm not listening to that I like reggae, hiphop, some "alternative", classic rock (floyd, zepplin, doors etc) If I'm just mellowing out I'll rock out to some portishead, orb, jamiroquai or maxwell, maybe some oldschool R&B

Wow you sound alot like me... though i'm not a DJ... i like to pass my work days listening to house... :worthy: not that rave stuff:bonk:.. lol..
The deep house, vocal house.... if you're curious.. go to www.garagehousemusic.com there's a bunch of other links to other great sites from all over the place.. Love me some Jamiroquai and Maxwell too.. :dancer:

HipHop wise... more into instrumental hiphop bands.. like The Roots... lil' bit of Mos Def'... poetry to my ears

Soul music is great too.. like Stevie or Patti... even listen to gospel.. i'm an odd one..but my music palette has many shades :dancer:

Horg 10-01-2002 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Traffichoney

Wow you sound alot like me... though i'm not a DJ... i like to pass my work days listening to house... :worthy: not that rave stuff:bonk:.. lol..
The deep house, vocal house.... if you're curious.. go to www.garagehousemusic.com there's a bunch of other links to other great sites from all over the place.. Love me some Jamiroquai and Maxwell too.. :dancer:

HipHop wise... more into instrumental hiphop bands.. like The Roots... lil' bit of Mos Def'... poetry to my ears

Soul music is great too.. like Stevie or Patti... even listen to gospel.. i'm an odd one..but my music palette has many shades :dancer:

I can't stand Hip Hop, unless it's experimental (like DJ Shadow for example). I still don't know much about it though...

Bree 10-01-2002 07:02 PM

http://www.dainbramage.com :dancer:

Traffichoney 10-01-2002 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horg

I can't stand Hip Hop, unless it's experimental (like DJ Shadow for example). I still don't know much about it though...

hah!...Well.. let me see if I can expand your palette :blush:

Alot of the "hiphop" you hear.. isn't real hiphop.. there's a difference.
The hiphop I listen to, says nothing about the *bling bling* we hear today... mind you, ppl like it.. not me :D

Try listening to The Roots, they're different... they use real instruments to create their beats and melody.. they're great :)

Thought i might share that with ya :blush:

Horg 10-01-2002 09:39 PM

Quote:

The hiphop I listen to, says nothing about the *bling bling* we hear today... mind you, ppl like it.. not me :D

Try listening to The Roots, they're different... they use real instruments to create their beats and melody.. they're great :)

Real instruments ? wow !
hehe
Seriously I'll take a look at The Roots, I'll try to download a couple mp3s. I do listen to Tricky and Baby Namboos though, which as close to hip hop that I went (well in fact it's trip hop, which is usually pretty good, less nonsense than in commercial hip hop crap).

Tafkap 10-02-2002 05:07 AM

Quote:

I do agree Hun, The Roots r a great band. Did u see them with Jay-Z in the MTV Unplugged Show? It was great!

But i thought u enjoyed Prince as well...:confused:

Tobbe 10-02-2002 11:04 AM

Quote:

agree!

modF 10-02-2002 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by luke
Modf, 2 Skinney J;s are bad ass! I've seen them twice down here but missed them the last time. I've got two cd's I bought from the shows. Is that a full cd they put out? Can you hook me up with it?
Damn, sorry I missed your reply luke. I agree they are, I have never seen them live :( I think they came around this area twice and I was not able to see them at the time. I'll have to look when I get home tonight to see if that was a full cd. I think it was.

I remember a while back before my music was stolen, they had a "starwars" type song. Do you happen to have that?

Traffichoney 10-02-2002 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horg

Real instruments ? wow !
hehe
Seriously I'll take a look at The Roots, I'll try to download a couple mp3s. I do listen to Tricky and Baby Namboos though, which as close to hip hop that I went (well in fact it's trip hop, which is usually pretty good, less nonsense than in commercial hip hop crap).

Good:blush: i'm glad you're open-minded..:relief: I agree with ya , when you talk about that *bling bling* hiphop.. sure its nice to listen to sometimes..but it ain't shit.. No offense to those you enjoy it..

But HipHop comes in many forms.... if you wanna hear some nice Roots tracks?... download.. "Silent Treatment" .. That's my fav... listen to the drums.. If you want more artists.. check out Common, Mos'Def... there's others but my mind is messed w/ work.. lol.. but I hope you like that track...:bonk:

Traffichoney 10-02-2002 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tafkap

I do agree Hun, The Roots r a great band. Did u see them with Jay-Z in the MTV Unplugged Show? It was great!

But i thought u enjoyed Prince as well...:confused:

Salut mon coeur..

Ya, i saw it.. that was incredible! :nuts:
I loive seeing TALENTED hiphop artists actually creating their music !...
*listen to some of Jay Z's underground stuff(waaaaaaayyy before he was Big Pimpin' ).... his flow is nuts*

and.. OF course I love Prince... I wanna marry him, remember ???
lol..