X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NHL Season! (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=5051)

Evil Chris 10-07-2003 09:52 PM

NHL Season!

Starts tomorrow! I am stoked!
GO LEAFS! :D

Everyone in the Webmasters hockey pool, remember to look at your pool before tomorrow night.

GrimShawn 10-07-2003 09:54 PM

I wanted to get in but waited to long damn me!

If anyone does not want there team hit me up!

Diva 10-07-2003 10:11 PM

I didn't join the pool, good to luck to those who did.

I am a Leaf fan, so GO LEAFS GO!!!!

GoodChris 10-07-2003 10:12 PM

go HABS go!

dyonisus 10-07-2003 10:39 PM

Gotta love those leafs!!
great season for proline!

Evil Chris 10-08-2003 09:40 AM

Good Chris... you know this board is full of Leafs fans!

(but I do like the Habs as well)

wsjb78 10-08-2003 10:58 AM

Go Leafs Go...
Ok, I only said this because I don't know any other NHL team :D and one should be supported

sherie 10-08-2003 10:59 AM

w00t! w00t!

I am so excited I tells ya!!

3 more sleeps and I will be at the game!! I can't wait!!

I should do pretty damn good in my hockey pool too!!

swoop 10-08-2003 04:11 PM

No Flyer fans???

Where the hell are you modF???

Chr1isme 10-08-2003 04:12 PM

I'm Probably the only LA KINGS fan here lol but they have a kick ass chance at winning the cup this year!

..... GO KINGS GO

Cpak 10-08-2003 05:02 PM

Go Anahaem GO!!!!!!

swoop 10-08-2003 07:48 PM

OUCH! John LeClair is out 2-4 weeks while taking a slapshot to the foot in practice. :mad:

The only good thing about this is they don't award Lord Stanley to anyone in November.

Chr1isme 10-08-2003 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cpak
Go Anahaem GO!!!!!!
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Funbrunette 10-08-2003 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GoodChris
go HABS go!
I knew I should of married you! :laughout:

GoodChris 10-08-2003 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Funbrunette
I knew I should of married you! :laughout:
Yeah then BOTH of us would be getting laid right now :bonk:

GoodChris 10-08-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Evil Chris
Good Chris... you know this board is full of Leafs fans!

(but I do like the Habs as well)

Bro, I know you are paying 5 cents per go leafs post, the gigs up!

(btw, can't wait til we hit a leafs hab game this year, last year was a blast :)

tornell 10-09-2003 03:28 AM

Satan is The BEST!:D

Cpak 10-09-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tornell
Satan is The BEST!:D
Satan is good player but not as S.Fedorov... :)

Evil Chris 10-09-2003 09:48 AM

Anaheim didn't open up too well last night though.... :rolleyes:

Ronaldo 10-09-2003 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Evil Chris
Anaheim didn't open up too well last night though.... :rolleyes:
Anaheim will be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

Cpak 10-09-2003 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronaldo
Anaheim will be lucky to make the playoffs this year.
Where were Leafs in the last playoffs....

Ronaldo 10-10-2003 12:14 AM

Quote:

Where were Leafs in the last playoffs....
Hey Foolio, if you think you're insulting me with this lame ass attempt, think again. I hate the Leafs more than ANY team in the NHL.

Sadly for you though, your team sucks too.

modF 10-10-2003 01:53 PM

There looks to be a few good games this weekend already. God I love this season :)

sherie 10-10-2003 02:26 PM

One more sleep!! w00t! w00t!!

Oceansmedia J 10-10-2003 03:43 PM

I'm a Canuks fan and i'm cheering my ass off for them, but it doesn't look good for us this year with Colorodo's stacked team...they've got serious talent this year....shitty for us...

Cpak 10-12-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

Hey Foolio, if you think you're insulting me with this lame ass attempt, think again. I hate the Leafs more than ANY team in the NHL.

Sadly for you though, your team sucks too.

Oh sorry , my wise master...
Now I see that you realy understand something in this game....

And you should look at my team at the finish of the season, ANA have a lot of young players that will be still fresh at finish of the regular tournament...

Ronaldo 10-13-2003 01:53 AM

Quote:

Oh sorry , my wise master...
Now I see that you realy understand something in this game....

And you should look at my team at the finish of the season, ANA have a lot of young players that will be still fresh at finish of the regular tournament...

Hey, nothing wrong with being a homer, but have some common sense.

You lost the heart and soul of your team when Kariya left, and replaced him with an overpaid whiner who does NOTHING after signing a big contract. Federov will be content to float for the next 3 years with nothing to prove and no hope of going anywhere in the playoffs.

Consider the lineup in Detroit he had to back his ass up. Anaheim's lineup doesn't come close. Sergei is front and center to produce, but with no incentive, don't hold your breath. Every line on Detroit was a threat to score so defenders couldn't focus on just one. In Anaheim, put your best checker on Federov and the Ducks will fade away.

Jesus, I just went and did a lineup check on these guys. Who are they? Look objectively at this lineup and you see a bunch of overrated castoffs from other teams such as Ozolinsh, Prospal and Niedermayer. I could go on, but you get the point.

If you don't think Giguere and the Ducks overachieved in the playoffs last year, than you're just cheering for your favorite team and truly know nothing about hockey. Or, like all the Leafs fans on this board, they think with their hearts and not their heads (Couldn't leave you guys out y'know :D). Like I said, nothing wrong with that, but if you wish to get into a debate about hockey knowledge my friend, you're in over your head.

The Ducks had the lowest goals scored by all playoff teams last year except Minnesota. Then they let their highest scoring player go and replace him with one that's a shell of what he used to be? Good luck.

Yes, you have a young team who's legs will be fresh at year's end, but at year's end, they'll be looking up in the standings at least 6 other teams.

Hmm. So far they're looking up at EVERYBODY I see. 3 games, 3 losses. 2 total goals scored. Sergei's rocking so far too I see, with one assist in 3 games and a -3 rating. Am I the only one who saw this a one of the worst signings in the offseason?

Thread bookmarked for revival at season's end.

McAttack 10-13-2003 01:39 PM

*ahem*

What a powerful offense the Maple Leafs have. Wow, they impressed me so much in getting shut out by the habs on Saturday. Sherie, hope you didn't get your hopes up too high. :D

Cpak 10-13-2003 08:10 PM

Quote:

Hey, nothing wrong with being a homer, but have some common sense.

You lost the heart and soul of your team when Kariya left, and replaced him with an overpaid whiner who does NOTHING after signing a big contract. Federov will be content to float for the next 3 years with nothing to prove and no hope of going anywhere in the playoffs.

Consider the lineup in Detroit he had to back his ass up. Anaheim's lineup doesn't come close. Sergei is front and center to produce, but with no incentive, don't hold your breath. Every line on Detroit was a threat to score so defenders couldn't focus on just one. In Anaheim, put your best checker on Federov and the Ducks will fade away.

Jesus, I just went and did a lineup check on these guys. Who are they? Look objectively at this lineup and you see a bunch of overrated castoffs from other teams such as Ozolinsh, Prospal and Niedermayer. I could go on, but you get the point.

If you don't think Giguere and the Ducks overachieved in the playoffs last year, than you're just cheering for your favorite team and truly know nothing about hockey. Or, like all the Leafs fans on this board, they think with their hearts and not their heads (Couldn't leave you guys out y'know :D). Like I said, nothing wrong with that, but if you wish to get into a debate about hockey knowledge my friend, you're in over your head.

The Ducks had the lowest goals scored by all playoff teams last year except Minnesota. Then they let their highest scoring player go and replace him with one that's a shell of what he used to be? Good luck.

Yes, you have a young team who's legs will be fresh at year's end, but at year's end, they'll be looking up in the standings at least 6 other teams.

Hmm. So far they're looking up at EVERYBODY I see. 3 games, 3 losses. 2 total goals scored. Sergei's rocking so far too I see, with one assist in 3 games and a -3 rating. Am I the only one who saw this a one of the worst signings in the offseason?

Thread bookmarked for revival at season's end.

About Fedorov...
He will enter better in ANA game , he is a strong defensive forward that can score he proved it in the past.
Yes Karia is a good sniper but no more... His defensive game is no so good.

About all other...
Start of the season is up to the preseason loads, one time loads more and other less, but the result will appear...
You will see it at the end of the season...

And don't think that you understand in this game more than all...

P.S Ozolinsh it's one of the greatest atacking defenders of the NHL...

Ronaldo 10-13-2003 08:17 PM

Quote:

P.S Ozolinsh it's one of the greatest atacking defenders of the NHL...

He is also the defenseman in the NHL most prone to brutal mental errors and defensive mistakes, hence his banishment from four other teams.

As I said, thread bookmarked till the end of the year.

Then we'll see who knows what and who's simply a homer.