X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   icq - i think i'm screwed right? (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=23860)

lulu 02-09-2009 11:47 AM

icq - i think i'm screwed right?

this weekend i messed around with my icq. long story short, i messed up on the password tried to do a password retrieval. it should be sent to my regular email addy which is in my icq profile. no problem right - i've reset my password this way before. for whatever reason, its not sending me an email with a new password. :( its def the correct email addy in my icq profile.

yes, i know. i should write the password down somewhere i'd remember to look.

any ideas?

Evil Chris 02-09-2009 03:38 PM

How old is the account?

Sometimes it's strange with old ICQ accounts. The original email address I used for my account back in 1996 is obviously no longer any good. However, if I were to ask for my password to be sent to me, it would go THERE. Unreal... I know.

I have another 6 digit ICQ number that I can't for the life of me remember the password for, or even the email address I originally used way back when. So that particular account is pretty much done.

lulu 02-10-2009 10:12 AM

thanks Chris. you're the only one who gives a crap about my icq woes. lol

Vid Vicious 02-11-2009 07:39 PM

so whats happened ? were you able to get it back ?
Nu, spill it

lulu 02-11-2009 08:04 PM

naw, never was able to. did you see my sig? new icq number. lol add me please. :)

blonda80 02-12-2009 03:23 AM

happened to me too. you should try again.

lulu 02-12-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blonda80 (Post 153707)
happened to me too. you should try again.

i tried a password retrieval 5 times so far. ah well, its arleady old news now but thanks.

DonMike 02-12-2009 03:42 PM

I've had this happen to me too. You lose your icq password so you can't log in, so you have the system send you your password but it goes to a defunct email address, and you can't change your email unless you log in with your password that you've forgotten. I wonder how many unused icq numbers are in their system for this very reason. You think they would devise a system for this problem since being one of the longest running messenger systems I'm sure millions of users have had this problem.

lulu 02-12-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMike (Post 153733)
I've had this happen to me too. You lose your icq password so you can't log in, so you have the system send you your password but it goes to a defunct email address, and you can't change your email unless you log in with your password that you've forgotten. I wonder how many unused icq numbers are in their system for this very reason. You think they would devise a system for this problem since being one of the longest running messenger systems I'm sure millions of users have had this problem.

precisely