X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I got stung by a wasp!!! (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=22967)

Funbrunette 10-24-2008 06:26 PM

I got stung by a wasp!!!

WTF??? End of October and it happened at the check out at Toys R US while buying lego for Ryan! All summer and no bite not even from a mosquito and the SOB got me in doors! Damn I forgot how much it burns, of course I had to keep a brave face on for Ryan. I rushed home to take a benadryl as my throat was getting tight and my tongue was swollen, I had no idea I was allergic :geez:

BRING ON THE SNOW DAMNIT! :laughout:

Panky 10-24-2008 08:55 PM

I never thought I'd ever hear you say or read, "Bring on the snow". :D

ScreaM 10-24-2008 09:08 PM

Looks like the wasp had a thing for you, love.

Rochard 10-25-2008 11:52 AM

One time I was outside hosing down a wasp nest. I thought I was safe, I was like a good twenty feet away. Finished up, put away the hose, and went up stairs. Was talking to my wife in the bedroom when bam - I got shot!

Turned out a wasp had gotten into my shirt and waited until I put away the hose and made my way up stairs to nail me. Bitch.

Kristine 10-25-2008 02:16 PM

I got stung by a wasp only one time in my life when I was a kid ... near the eye. After 15 years the scar is still visible.

Funbrunette 10-25-2008 06:16 PM

Well it's itchy as hell and still swollen this afternoon...Am I suppose to remove the "stinger"? :geez: I applied some cortisone it helped a little.

thruma 10-26-2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbrunette (Post 149414)
Well it's itchy as hell and still swollen this afternoon...Am I suppose to remove the "stinger"? :geez: I applied some cortisone it helped a little.

I don't know about wasp's but if you squeeze a bee sting it just pumps the poison out of the stinger into your body.

Kristine 10-26-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

You really should remove the stinger if it's still there. I thought only bees leave the stinger inside and wasps remove it themselves.

born2blog 10-26-2008 05:44 PM

i feel sorry you got stung FB but wanting snow to arrive seems a bit extreme :laughout:

ScreaM 10-27-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Yes. I got stung by a wasp when I was 6 and my mom pulled it out.

ExLust 10-27-2008 10:09 PM

Remove the stinger in the skin immediately. Reduce pain and swelling with ice. Try to avoid putting ice directly on skin, because it can cause a flesh burn. Instead, use an ice pack or wrap a washcloth around the ice. Remove it after 10 to 15 minutes and dry the site thoroughly.

Hope that could help.

Slippery 10-27-2008 11:06 PM

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Funbrunette! I hope you're all better now.