X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Affiliate program Question (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=22975)

Mr. Burns 10-26-2008 09:21 PM

Affiliate program Question

How much does it cost to get a affiliate program off the ground? Realistically. What i have in mind isn't necessarily for adult sites.
Anyone know or know people who design them?

Panky 10-28-2008 10:22 AM

Bumping to the top. I moved it to the main forum so you can get your questions answered.

B O B 10-28-2008 10:59 AM

oh man what a loaded question...

What all do you consider a complete affiliate program? there is so much which goes into this, and dont forget the sites on the other end...

I launched one about four years ago which cost roughly $1.5M to get going...

Then I helped a guy launch another one a couple months ago which cost $10K to get going...

give me a better idea what you consider a launched affiliate program and what it entails....

Evil Chris 10-28-2008 11:04 AM

Getting an affiliate backend up and moving (something the likes of Mansion Productions, NATS, or other canned stats backends) isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg. Not right away anyhow.

It's what you plug into that backend (note the pun) that starts to become costly depending on what it is.

B O B 10-28-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 149538)
Getting an affiliate backend up and moving (something the likes of Mansion Productions, NATS, or other canned stats backends) isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg. Not right away anyhow.

It's what you plug into that backend (note the pun) that starts to become costly depending on what it is.

true dat!

Cyndalie 10-28-2008 02:11 PM

Content alone for an adult affiliate program is going to be your biggest expense. After that programming, design, marketing and advertising.

Mr. Burns 10-28-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panky (Post 149533)
Bumping to the top. I moved it to the main forum so you can get your questions answered.

Thank you kind sir.

Rochard 10-28-2008 07:18 PM

Hit me up on icq or email with your questions.... I"ve launched a number of different programs and I'm currently working on for a new client.....

email: rochard at gmail.com

Mr. Burns 10-29-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B O B (Post 149536)
oh man what a loaded question...

What all do you consider a complete affiliate program? there is so much which goes into this, and dont forget the sites on the other end...

I launched one about four years ago which cost roughly $1.5M to get going...

Then I helped a guy launch another one a couple months ago which cost $10K to get going...

give me a better idea what you consider a launched affiliate program and what it entails....

1.5 mil?? That shouldn't be a problem for Mr.Burns, but for me, ha, I'm in the 10k or less range to be real.

B O B 10-29-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns (Post 149643)
1.5 mil?? That shouldn't be a problem for Mr.Burns, but for me, ha, I'm in the 10k or less range to be real.

hit me up
ill give you a hand

my icq is 184-807