X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hockey Fans? (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=18250)

Casa Nova 06-02-2007 07:31 PM

Hockey Fans?

This is a question to the canadian hockey fans... So you dont live in ottawa... but are you cheering them because they're canadas team right now?

Im a die hard leaf fans, but as hard as it is to cheer for ottawa I say GO Sens GO!! Not to mention if sens win my friend who lives in ottawa owes me some sexual favors lmfao

SO what do you think, they are down 2-0 in the series... will they step up and come back to win the series?

Funbrunette 06-03-2007 10:36 AM

I say anything is possible at this point...It's been done before. I'm a HABS fan but I'm rooting for Ottawa since my habs are out golfing...lol

gary elitedollars 06-03-2007 06:56 PM

The next game will be another key game - as if the last one wasn't - but a win for Ottawa and this series is back to square one. A loss will almost definitely ruin any chance of Casa Nova getting that sexual favor ;-)

Just simply stating the obvious...

Evil Chris 06-04-2007 08:33 AM

I'm not cheering for Ottawa because I'm a die hard Leafs fan.
The last full game I watched was the NYI/NJ game that officially eliminated the Leafs from playoff contention. :(

Platinum Chris 06-04-2007 09:41 AM

I love the Leafs, but I'm supporting the Sens. I'm not going out and buying flags and cheering for them. Hell, I'm not even watching the games. I just want the cup back up North since both the Flames and Oilers fucked it up when they had their shots.

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbrunette (Post 124966)
I say anything is possible at this point...It's been done before. I'm a HABS fan but I'm rooting for Ottawa since my habs are out golfing...lol

Shouldn't you be used to that by now? Why not just cheer for Ottawa right from training camp if you end up cheering for them when it's important?

This post should be relevant to all Leaf fans as well.

Funbrunette 06-05-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125095)
Shouldn't you be used to that by now? Why not just cheer for Ottawa right from training camp if you end up cheering for them when it's important?

At least we have a team! lol :nyanya: You got running water out there?

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125095)

This post should be relevant to all Leaf fans as well.

I guess you didn't read my post above Ron?

Platinum Chris 06-05-2007 09:47 AM

Well, you can now add the Senators to the list of fuck-ups.

I'm calling it right now. The Senators are the WORST Canadian NHL team currently. Great in the regular season, complete fuck-ups in the playoffs. They do not deserve to be in the finals.

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbrunette (Post 125096)

Not yet. We're getting it next week though.

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Chris (Post 125101)
I'm calling it right now. The Senators are the WORST Canadian NHL team currently.

The team that goes farthest is the worst one? Good logic. The worst Canadian team currently resides in Toronto.

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 125099)
I guess you didn't read my post above Ron?

Yeah I did. You just shouldn't be wasting your time and energy. There's always next year though eh? And next year...and next year...and.........

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbrunette (Post 125096)

aaahhahaha..... Classic!

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125107)
Yeah I did. You just shouldn't be wasting your time and energy. There's always next year though eh? And next year...and next year...and.........

And every one of those years I will be cheering for my team too.

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 125110)
And every one of those years I will be cheering for my team too.

That might help explain why you're so miserable all the time.

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125111)
That might help explain why you're so miserable all the time.

I couldn't be happier but I can't safely say the same about you Ron.
Maybe you should try cheering for the Manitoba Moose? I hear they have a pretty good team.

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 125113)
I couldn't be happier but I can't safely say the same about you Ron.
Maybe you should try cheering for the Manitoba Moose? I hear they have a pretty good team.

I hear they're pretty good. Don't know though. I'd certainly be willing to put money on them being able to beat the Leafs. Of course, the Wheat Kings could beat the Leafs, so that's really not saying very much.

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125115)
I hear they're pretty good. Don't know though. I'd certainly be willing to put money on them being able to beat the Leafs. Of course, the Wheat Kings could beat the Leafs, so that's really not saying very much.

How would you even know this? You've told me that you have effectively abandoned the game of hockey in its entirety.

Didn't you jump the fence and start watching hoops?

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 125117)
How would you even know this? You've told me that you have effectively abandoned the game of hockey in its entirety.

Didn't you jump the fence and start watching hoops?

Even with that I still know more than most people. I predicted Anaheim in 5 or 6 games and sure enough.

I was off on a couple of predictions last night though.

I was sure the refs would come out wearing Senator Jerseys, the Ducks would have one goal called back and a ref would "Inadvertently" skate through the crease on a Ducks shot to an open net. But I don't claim to be perfect.

Platinum Chris 06-05-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125106)
The team that goes farthest is the worst one? Good logic. The worst Canadian team currently resides in Toronto.

My logic is sound. Nobody chokes under pressure like the Sens do. They have YET to beat the Leafs in the playoffs.

Going the farthest does not dictate the best. Showing true heart and skill does. And clearly, with the talent and skill the Suckators have had over the last 7 years, they still cannot even show enough heart and determination to win. At least the Flames and Oilers made a valiant effort to win. Can't say the same about the Suckators can we. They're done next game.

Sorry dude. The Sens ARE the worst Canadian team.

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Chris (Post 125119)
My logic is sound.

You must be a Leafs fan.

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125118)
Even with that I still know more than most people. I predicted Anaheim in 5 or 6 games and sure enough.

I was off on a couple of predictions last night though.

I was sure the refs would come out wearing Senator Jerseys, the Ducks would have one goal called back and a ref would "Inadvertently" skate through the crease on a Ducks shot to an open net. But I don't claim to be perfect.

You still working that crystal ball? How about I pay your airfare to come out here this weekend and we'll go put some $ down on the ponies? ;)

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 125121)
You still working that crystal ball? How about I pay your airfare to come out here this weekend and we'll go put some $ down on the ponies? ;)

Nah. I know shit about the horses.

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125122)
Nah. I know shit about the horses.

Nor hockey, but that doesn't seem to preclude you from these awesome predictions.

Platinum Chris 06-05-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 125120)
You must be a Leafs fan.

You must not be clinging to reality :nuts:

Its ok, Habs fans have the same problem :laughout: :laughout:

Ronaldo 06-05-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 125123)
Nor hockey, but that doesn't seem to preclude you from these awesome predictions.

http://www.xnations.com/showthread.p...ghlight=sergei

Nope. Absolutely nothing.

Evil Chris 06-05-2007 10:58 AM

hahaha... Ron you are 3 years too late. Give up, move on and cheer for Toronto like the little voice inside you is telling you to do.

Funbrunette 06-05-2007 10:59 AM

Now... now...Let's all cool off! :laughout:

http://www.gottahave.com/images/hockey3.jpg

http://www.funny-pics.net/images/1111040405.jpg

Casa Nova 06-05-2007 12:25 PM

Wow.. this got pretty heated.... but bottom line, The series isnt over til' The Ducks officially winanother game, so hold your bandwagon jumping til after they lose.

As for the leafs being shit, atleast we have a team to support, They haven't been to the cup in a while but oh well, they still play with heart and grit & the fans are dedicated. & Just for the record....

Stanley Cups for the Leafs....
13 (1918, 1922, 1932, 1942, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1951, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1967)

Platinum Chris 06-05-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casa Nova (Post 125160)
Wow.. this got pretty heated....

Heated? No no no... this is all fun and games :)