X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Facebook vs. MySpace (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=22992)

TheLegacy 10-28-2008 01:03 PM

Facebook vs. MySpace

Over the past few years these two have battled it out for top spot. Facebook had a huge risk by changing its overview appearance which seemed to upset many members who still start groups such as "if we get 1million joins they will change FB back". Yet everyone is still using it.

Do you still use your MySpace and has Facebook become a new breeding ground to add to the list of "how to find potential models for the industry"

Cyndalie 10-28-2008 02:10 PM

I could never really get into either of them.
I do have more adult biz friends on myspace and more family and stuff on Facebook tho

Funbrunette 10-28-2008 04:54 PM

I'd have to say Myspace I won't touch facebook

Panky 10-28-2008 05:52 PM

I'm not overly interested in either one. I don't have a MySpace page and I might log into Facebook like once every 3 months if I remember.

ExLust 10-29-2008 02:44 AM

I am not used to open those sites.

Evil Chris 10-29-2008 02:08 PM

I don't care for the concepts of either. I have a MySpace page but I'm rarely there.

As for Facebook, I think many people are going to one day wish they never logged on there in the first place. :)

born2blog 10-29-2008 03:38 PM

never used myspace before although I recently started using Facebook, so I can't really compare the two

TheLegacy 10-29-2008 03:38 PM

I do see your point chris - when I see how much actual information is available to the company much less to anyone else who adds friends for the mere and shere numbers you open yourself up. Especially to stalkers

M O 10-29-2008 03:50 PM

Facebook here, Myspace is crap.

ScreaM 10-30-2008 11:08 AM

I prefer MySpace.

Vid Vicious 10-30-2008 11:38 AM

Facebook has been much more productive for me then Myspace ever was .. More people are finding me on Facebook then my space (even though i'm on my 3rd account) ... I've had much more luck in recruiting models from facebook, though modelmayhem is still my number one resource for models, beating onemodelplace.com hands down. seems like onemodelplace users don't log in nearly enough for recruiting to be successful. Facebook users seem to log in almost daily .. and actually do interact with other members

if choosing between the two .. I d go with facebook

Vid Vicious 10-31-2008 12:09 AM

I got a call today from someone getting harrassed by facebook members because of a comment .. it's serious shit out there ..

I know quite a few club promoters that use facebook to fill bars.

"Did you ever wake up sober after a one night stand, and the person you're next to is layin' on your arm, and they're so ugly, you'd rather chew off your arm then risk waking 'em? That's coyote ugly." -- Lil (Coyote Ugly)