X Nations

X Nations (http://www.xnations.com/index.php)
-   General Webmaster Business and Discussions (http://www.xnations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mel Gibson - WeWere Soldiers (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?t=648)

mailman 10-29-2002 09:37 AM

Mel Gibson - WeWere Soldiers

any one see it? just got it from columbia house today have to decide if i wanna keep it or return it...

LeeNoga 10-29-2002 10:07 AM

The movie was "OK", and I am a lover of war movies. It was hard to accept Mel Gibson in a serious leadership role. The movie was predictable and as much as I collect war themed movies, this will not be one of my top priorities. But, should it be resold as "used" and I can get it for $7.99, I will buy it in the event my company wants to see it :-)

Evil Chris 10-29-2002 10:09 AM

I'd have to agree with Lee... It was an OK movie, but not a classic. Mel Gibson didn't entirely convince me as the commanding officer of a cavalry unit. Still worth a look though I'm not interested in owning a copy.

Funbrunette 10-29-2002 10:18 AM

I really liked it! I'm also a huge fan of war movies...:)

Tobbe 10-29-2002 10:45 AM

i liked the movie! :cool:

mailman 10-29-2002 11:00 AM

okay its open.. im at the point of no return hopefully i like it cause agin like most of you i live war movies....

Darin 10-29-2002 04:52 PM

We won that battle, its a good movie.

Cal 10-29-2002 05:52 PM

I did a report on one of the first ground battles in Vietnam back in like 10th grade (wasn't that one, was some time after, when we brought in tanks) and it was horrifying to see what a disaster it was. Tanks stuck in the mud, soldiers left in the open to die, etc.

We Were Soldiers was based on a very interesting story, however as a movie it wasn't very good. Too much drama, and I was a little unclear on how the battle actually happened, the locations of all the soldiers seemed a little chaotic (and I saw it twice!)

One of the best Vietnam movies to this day, Hamburger Hill. Now that's war!

--edit: if you REALLY want to invest well in a war related film, get Band of Brothers on DVD when it comes out in November--

C.

Danny_C 10-30-2002 12:04 AM

I haven't seen it, but the previews gave me the impression that this movie is a bit overly sappy and patriotic for my taste.

Maybe I judged too soon.

Also, as others said, Mel Gibson just didn't seem to fit the role. He needs to just make another Mad Max movie and retire.

black torana 11-03-2002 09:02 AM

off topic question

hey guys i know this is a bit off topic but just wondering if people over near you guys in the states and canada look at mel gibson as an x australia or an american ? here in aus people like to think of him as an aussie because he spent his teen and erly adult hood here and lert his acting here
just like to know what you guys think
cheers robbie

Funbrunette 11-03-2002 11:29 AM

Re: off topic question

Quote:

Originally posted by black torana
hey guys i know this is a bit off topic but just wondering if people over near you guys in the states and canada look at mel gibson as an x australia or an american ? here in aus people like to think of him as an aussie because he spent his teen and erly adult hood here and lert his acting here
just like to know what you guys think
cheers robbie

I just think of him as one sexy piece of ass...lol :blush:

mailman 11-03-2002 12:34 PM

well i will probaly watch it with in the next few nights so i will let you know how it goes ;-)

again thanks for the imput..

luke 11-03-2002 12:34 PM

Haven't seen this one yet. Keep planning on borrowing the dvd from a friend but I keep forgetting.

m@rk 11-03-2002 09:21 PM

Good film, thought Mel Gibson played well ...

Vid Vicious 11-03-2002 11:06 PM

Thumbs up ... Good Fuckin' fick...

Just saw it .. it leaves you with alot to ponder ...