Old 01-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #12
Mr. Blue
Mr. Blue should edit this
Searching For Jimmy Hoffa

xBucks: 859
Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
However, it left me with a very deep desire *not* to hear a pair of rubber soled shoes pounding down the hospital hallway with "the cure" clenched in hand five minutes *after* I've had the plug pulled.
lol, well I highly endorse the whole "Living Will" thing. Ultimately I think the choice should be with the person and they should take the steps necessary to protect their rights when they're unable to communicate their wishes.

The funny thing is I was with a group of friends and we were discussing this topic. Everyone was at least faking the, "Pull the Plug" type thing, the noble don't burden my loved ones. They asked me about it and I said, "Hook me up to any machine possible to keep me alive. I don't care if I burden my family, they've been burdening me for the past 30+ years, it's payback time."

I also have copies of my living will sent to pretty much everyone in my family, my lawyer, the newspaper boy, the mailman, and I basically print it on all my Christmas cards, correspondence, hell, I think I might use it as my sig file here.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote