X Nations - View Single Post - 5 years from now?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
Nickatilynx
Nickatilynx should edit this
OLD GUARD

xBucks: 2,218
Send a message via ICQ to Nickatilynx

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Alot of "Rose Tinted Glasees" in this thread.

I imagine it's easy to think there's more money to be made in this business when one really hasn't made that much in the first place.

A number was thrown around on Oprano, 30k a month. How one of the owners Gonzo has never made that much in the biz, monthly. An Old School Webmater said 30k won't even make player status.

Read GFY, most of the guys there are in it for beer money. This is your industry. If you think you are in the 20 percent that makes 80 percent of the money, why haven't you already?

Fool each other you want, pat each other's back for saying uplifting things about this biz. I'll be the pragmatic guy everyone hates because no one wants to hear the truth.
Harsh dude!!!

30k a month!...most of the people on gfy would kill for 3k a mth.

Compared to their other options , that IS good money.

I would wager only 2 people in this thread have incomes in excess of $250k pa. ( cough) ;-))

Back in the day on YNOT and Netpond (when we owned it) there would have been 10 people

Most people left on boards are salaried staff or trying to discover the secrets of the web.

The ones that have actually made a mint from this business are to busy doing other stuff to post.

Talking about which , I'm playing golf in a couple of hours...

Bye
Nickatilynx is offline   Reply With Quote