X Nations - View Single Post - How are you blogging?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 32,681
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

Quote:
Originally posted by Gruntled
Bloat? I haven't seen any bloat in the code for wp, and google seems to treat them well.. maybe it depends on the number of plugins.

I'm loking into dblogger as well
Go to SEOChat and use their keyword density tool and try it on a WordPress blog.
http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/

Note all the non article related keyword phrases and misc. tags that show. This is due only to the fact that WordPress formats and styles a lot of elements inline on the page. When spiders crawl your blog and read all this extra "bloat", it's going to dilute your keyword densities. It's all that much harder for the spiders to determine what keywords and phrases are actually being targeted.

On a WordPress blog, you will see results mixed in amongst the keywords and phrases, such as:
no comments
wp content
content themes
themes zigzag
comments nd
comments th
and a bunch of other misc keywords and phrases that are meaningless. Terms like width px, margin px, and border none. Some themes are worse than others, but they all have it. This is the "bloat", which won't do you any good.

When you run a dBlogger blog through a keyword density checker, you will not see any random misc tags showing up. Just pure keywords and keyphrases.

EvilChris:
Yes. The search engine hits are good. There are some phrases I'd like to improve upon, but overall, I can't complain.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote