X Nations - View Single Post - Damn my allergies!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
MorganGrayson
MorganGrayson should edit this

xBucks: 8,278

Quote:
Originally posted by Janell
Amazingly enough I have managed to be allergic to the dessert. Thankfully it's only for a couple of weeks in the spring.
Janelle...I've formulated a "nearly scientific" theory.
No matter where you live or work...there will be something to which you are allergic. (One of my doctors is allergic to latex, so he has to buy special gloves.) My youngest daughter used to work for a women's clothing store where she got an incredible employee discount. She couldn't wait to try on the brand new line of leather jackets that she could actually afford. Once putting it on...she couldn't get it off fast enough, as she immediately broke out in a horrific rash.

I live in what's called "high desert." I have horrible allergies. I used to live in the Ohio Valley (Louisville, KY) where they call it "the Ohio Valley crud" so many people are allergic.

A doctor once told me "we can poke you 400 times with substances and it will turn out that you're allergic to something you can't possibly avoid, so what's the point?" His point was excellent. Household dust gives me fits so my options are two: leave the dust and sneeze or remove the dust and sneeze. I remove the dust and sneeze.

One doctor asked me if I was certain I wasn't allergic to cats. I said "I've got four and they're *staying,* so what difference does it make?"