X Nations - View Single Post - This is the definition of: BUSTED
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
MorganGrayson
MorganGrayson should edit this

xBucks: 8,289

I could barely stand the local morning news this morning. Two, possibly three - it got confusing - local high school teachers were recently arrested for having sexual relations with students. Both male and female teachers.

What made me nervous was that the boy "reported" the female former teacher during a "disciplinary hearing." It sounded like an episode of "Law and Order" where he rolled on somebody to get a lighter sentence.

It does seem like an epidemic. However, our society has always had the "cause celebre du jour," so-to-speak. (Apologies to those of you who actually speak French. ) Remember when drunk driving was all over the news, no matter where you looked? Well, recently, this is our latest "cause."

I talked to a psychiatrist once who said that the incidents of child abuse of that sort has actually gone *down* since the 19th century. Back in the days of isolated farms, it was rampant. Back when nothing like that was ever spoken out loud, people could do whatever they wanted without fear of reprisal.

I'm going to wait to see how the court cases turn out. They can arrest all day...but can they convict them of anything?