X Nations - View Single Post - Racism.... and interesting perspective in an email received by me ....
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 49,286
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

discuss what?

that there is prejudice?
that there are two views accept our ways or leave rather than tolerance?

your forgetting that even though this board belongs to the webmaster community as a whole, the owners and some posters are Canadian. We tend to be a bit more tolerant regarding immigrants and really don't see alot of the bother that goes into it. We already know its not fair - that if we moved into their country we would be forced to abide by their laws and not be able to take much of our culture into their country, even though they are given the opposite welcome here. But we decided not to play by other countries rules.

We attempt to respect others here - respect their culture, way of life including religion.. as long as it is following the rules of humanity rather than the country.

so discussing how another country should or shouldn't accept someone that holds a different view is not as important as how we can ourselves in the world around us - accept those who we consider different. I can't speak for a nation or its policies, but I can change my policy on how I view someone from a different background than myself. Personally I grow accepting the differences of others - learn something about myself. Maybe that can also be the true for nations

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote