X Nations - View Single Post - Today's music... it kinda sucks
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 326,867
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris
Default Today's music... it kinda sucks

I think this is a boring period for modern music.

Pop music and it's so called artists are fairly pathetic. Hip Hop is basically a wash out. The same old shit over and over. I've been laughing at the rappers for the past couple of years. Nothing new or interesting at all.

Rock has been uninteresting as well. When I take a look at the "top 9 at 9" votes from my local alternative/rock station and see bands like My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Muse, and Evanescence making the list... I know there must not be a whole lot to choose from.

It kinda feels like the mid-80s again where pop and new wave were just topping out, and it gave the perfect situation for alternative grunge to go mainstream and spawn countless bands for more than a decade. Similar to the pre-punk movement as well.

So what does this mean? What will be the next big sound? Will the 70s rock sound make a comeback or will it be something else? Whatever it is, I say bring it on because my radio dial can't find anything good these days.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote