X Nations - View Single Post - What would you do if you won the lotto big time?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 32,265
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

• Keep my mouth shut.
    I would not be interviewed, do public appearances, or make it known to the public that I was the winner. My immediate family would know, but not my extended family or friends. Should someone in my extended family fall on hard times and they were actually making an effort to get out of financial trouble, money would be given to them, but indirectly or within reasonable amounts that wouldn't tip them off to my extreme wealth. Same goes for friends.

Make sure my family was taken care of.
    I would create separate accounts for each member, (parents, brother, and nephew), and then fund it. They would have a limit as to how much could be withdrawn per day or month or have a yearly maximum. If someone were to become ill, I would see to it that they would never have to worry about medical bills or prescription costs. Instead they could focus on getting better. For my little nephew, he would have an account in his name that was not accessible until he reached a certain age. He would not know of the account prior to reaching the predetermined age. I would pay his student loans only after he graduated or had a very good reason for quitting his schooling.

Pay all debts.

Invest some of the money in various investment options.

Tuck some of the money away in various accounts and let it sit there and earn interest for future use.

Build or purchase a beautiful home, but not a lavish mansion.
    I don't want to openly advertise my extreme wealth. If I have children, I would prefer not to have to implant a GPS tracking system to find them in the house. The home would be equipped with cool toys and have really cool rooms, but not anything where I would need a map to find my way around. (I would consider purchasing a castle though because I just think they are wickedly cool. ) I would like to be out in the country, lots of land, and have my own farm or ranch for animals.

Open an animal sanctuary.

Travel & Explore.

Make anonymous donations to causes, organizations, and charities that I feel are legit and actually do what they advertise.

Spend as much time as humanly possible with my family and friends.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote