X Nations - View Single Post - Disappearing Affiliates?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 48,028
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

I am noticing myself that there in the past few months alot of new paysite owners who claim to have had success in free sites. I basically have to retrain them to think paysites but for me, yes - I have noticed an increase in paysite webmasters who owned free sites.

the other group are newbies - not having any sites - but preferred to get started with a paysite rather than take the free route because they see way too many free stuff out there and are leaning towards exclusive content they can shoot themselves realizing that "new" is better.

I can think of numerous seminar panels where industry professionals made claims telling webmasters to avoid paysites opting instead to start free sites and learn the ropes so to speak. what we are learning apparently is that they are prepared to buy into a service company. so I really don't think that the "free train" will die - but as said - will be slower since now there are more "professionals" offering services to new webmasters such as traffic, SEO work etc. that they otherwise would have had to learn on their own.

The appearance I am getting is demographically 'free sites' are created by those under 25 who don't have money to start a paysite but do have time. over 25 are looking to paysites because the legalities seem safer - the experience can be purchased and the competition is minimal if they find exclusive content rather than stand in line on a tgp waiting for your turn at CC holders.

that again is just what I am getting here at my end

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato

Last edited by TheLegacy; 07-03-2007 at 10:48 AM.
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote