X Nations - View Single Post - Ok so I saw sicko...
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Funbrunette
Funbrunette is Travelling the world!
CORRUPTED ADMIN!!!!!

xBucks: 244,738
Send a message via ICQ to Funbrunette Send a message via MSN to Funbrunette Send a message via Skype™ to Funbrunette
Default Ok so I saw sicko...

Thumbs up!

There's 2 things I refuse to talk about or voice my opinion on, Religion and politics. However I will make an exception...This movie was a master piece! A harsh look at reality.

Sicko boldly and brilliantly challenges entrenched American attitudes about capitalism. Although some scenes are devastatingly heartbreaking and may bring you to tears (I'm a huge suck), Moore's sense of humour and ability to entertain are as strong as ever. He often combines laughter and tragedy in the same scene. While Moore always wears his views on his sleeve, he also takes a step back to let people tell their stories or allows historical clips to speak for themselves(those are FACTS). In the case of Richard Nixon, Moore happily says almost nothing, letting the former president be condemned completely by his own words.

The climax was a trip to Cuba. Moore is often criticized for exaggerating or manipulating facts, but there is always so much truth at the heart of his films. Sicko shows Moore at his very best.

I'm hoping this will open eyes of people who have the power to make changes!